HD feeds being added to Welcome Pack!

pattykay

formerly crodrules
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
I am a little surprised that there is not already a thread on this subject.

Last week, we started receiving the HD feeds of WE and Bloomberg. These channels are not in free preview. I was not sure if this was a mistake or not. Then, last night, Dish added four more HD channels to my Welcome Pack subscription.

The Welcome Pack channels we currently receive in HD:

• Comedy Central
  • WE
  • CMT
  • AXS*
  • Discovery Family*
  • Hallmark
  • Bloomberg
  • Weather Channel

*free preview (Note: although we have received AXS HD since the channel first launched more than three years ago, AXS is not officially listed as part of Welcome Pack. AXS is in what I like to call "perpetual preview mode.")

The remaining Welcome Pack channels, that have HD feeds on Dish, that we are not receiving in HD:

• Food
  • HGTV
  • History
  • TBS
  • TLC
  • MSNBC

(Note: AMC was originally included in Welcome Pack, but was removed from Welcome Pack more than two years ago. It would be nice to get AMC back, and in HD.)

If I have left any channels out of the above lists, please let me know. I am not quite the "bluegras" of Welcome Pack: I only expect Dish to add the HD feeds of the channels that they are already carrying in HD. Hopefully, Dish will soon be adding the remaining HD channels to Welcome Pack.

By the way, it does not seem to matter whether or not you have HD Free For Life. I have HDFFL on both of my accounts with Welcome Pack, but my sister has never subscribed to an HD package, and she also gets the above listed HD feeds with Welcome Pack.

That answers the question we had in the uplink report a couple of weeks ago. Wondered what the package changes were for. I know Fox News and CBS Sports Network were also changed - those aren't in Welcome Pack but are in the Smart Pack. Are some channels in HD in the Smart Pack as well?

Reactions: fhsucade07
Thank you. I did not know about these HD channels until this post. Of course, now Dish has a reason to increase the cost of the Welcome Pack.

Good Afternoon, we would be more than happy to address your concerns today. The Welcome Pack and the Smart Pack do not provide HD channels; therefore all channels listed in such are only SD. Starting from DISH America and above packages have HD channels. If you would like us to review your account, please send us a private message containing your account number or phone number and 4 digit PIN.

Well I mean it's 2015... HD should be the "norm" by now. :)
i have to agree with you on that every channel that has a hd feed should be added on dish heck would you guys would like to keep seeing SD letterbox all the time your picture should be in hd.just saying

Reactions: TheLip
Good Afternoon, we would be more than happy to address your concerns today. The Welcome Pack and the Smart Pack do not provide HD channels; therefore all channels listed in such are only SD. Starting from DISH America and above packages have HD channels. If you would like us to review your account, please send us a private message containing your account number or phone number and 4 digit PIN.
There it is, The generic message!
That's why I no longer contact dirt.

They are involved in these threads and still clueless.
Scott knows more then Dirt.

Hey Scott I'll become a life long paying member of Satelliteguys if you just open up your own personal DIRT team.

Unfortunately DIRT can only talk about what they are told they can talk about. Sometimes things we see are not official until they are made official in the systems DIRT uses.

I would expect the HD channels in the welcome pack will be official in a few weeks.
It might be better if DIRT DIDN'T RESPOND to some of these threads they are really beginning to look stupid compared to the DIRT of a year ago.

It might be better if DIRT DIDN'T RESPOND to some of these threads they are really beginning to look stupid compared to the DIRT of a year ago.
Agree!
You are supposed to be a Representative of Dish.
I understand it's just a Job, But no one wants to hear a message telling them it's not available, when clearly something is, and step 2 is, let's go right to review your account even though the person didn't want an upgrade, or anything that even involves his account.

They do this in their chats, I'm convinced it's automated responses . And until you start to get annoyed at the" around the bend" answers they give you, only then does someone seem to chime in and sound like a real person.

To me it's useless!
I can take care of more and save more time by doing things on your account yourself online or through the Hopper, then on the Unresponded 3 day waits on Dirt, or the 15 minutes waiting for an online Chat.

1-800-333-DISH
My Dish Account

Last edited:
Reactions: reddice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)