HD Football

T. Perinne

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 27, 2005
Houston, TX
I want as much of it as possible... should I just wait to see what happens on the NFL Network channel? Do I hunt and peck on the regular networks for games in HD? (Are they even good quality? This is my first HD season). Are there any other worthwile HD sports packages for decent HD football?

Thanks!

there is no live regular football shown on nfl network.

They will have 2 highlighted package HD games of the week, but those wont be live

BFG said:
there is no live regular football shown on nfl network.

They will have 2 highlighted package HD games of the week, but those wont be live

Well doesn't that just blow.

Are there live HD football packages from Dish or do I need to find the games shown on the regular networks?

Yup, what they said. You can do OTA locals for FOX/CBS/ABC and then ESPN HD for Sun night.

If you want all games, you'll have to get Season Ticket through DirecTV.

I believe that ESPN HD will be carrying Monday Night Football next year.

But if you prioritize NFL football in HD, you should sub to DirecTV, where you will have the opportunity to pay through the nose for it.

ABC's MNF is awesome. Everytime I have a newbie over to watch on my 110" screen, their jaw breaks as it hits the floor. The broadcast is so crisp and clear, you can see threads sticking up off of jerseys and you can see scratches on the helmets. It's better than going to a game, it's like you're right there on the sideline watching. It's been posted elsewhere that NFLHD is now active on Dish and I just checked the guide and there is a game listed for Monday 9/5 at 12 PM PST.

Tom Bombadil said:
I believe that ESPN HD will be carrying Monday Night Football next year.

But if you prioritize NFL football in HD, you should sub to DirecTV, where you will have the opportunity to pay through the nose for it.

LOL! Tom's right though. ESPN get MNF in 2006 while ABC gets the Sun night game. I don't think Fox or CBS changed, though I'm not too sure about that.

I guess I could google for it but I'm too lazy right now. :smug

ESPN could afford it and made sense to them. ABC already decided they couldn't handle the NFL anymore

Check the writing on the wall. NFL games are the most in demand TV broadcasts; therefore, they can demand the most money. Starting soon with the SB, all of the NFL will move to pay TV. Not a good thing!

BFG said:
ESPN could afford it and made sense to them. ABC already decided they couldn't handle the NFL anymore

Wow, when could ABC ever handle Football.

ABC's has had some of the WORST commentators in the booth for Football (Frank Gifford for example) for years. Their Directors cut to the wrong cameras on regular occasions, not mention ALWAYS picking the worst angles and cameras to show replays. But my all time favorite was ABC's Directors picking sideline cameras to show Field Goal Kicks so you couldn't even tell if the ball went through the uprights.

As good as ESPN is at sports coverage and that ABC owns ESPN how in the world is it that ABC can't get a decent tech crew and commentators to cover games.

The worst was when ABC had two of the Three Stooges in the booth, Frank, Dan. I always waited for Dan's signature line that was uttered at least twice a night, "He's having a Hall of Fame Night" How is that possible. Last I checked nobody got to the Hall of Fame from his performance for ONE GAME. I can't tell you how many times I almost kicked my TV in when Frank started blathering about Codie or Kathy, "FRANK ITS' A FOOTBALL GAME not OPRAH."

Lastly I always hated the skewed Monday Night Statistics. Really what do any of those stats mean, in a word NOTHING. Especially since ABC always got the best matchups and some teams appeared at least once a season and sometimes twice a year and some teams never played on Monday Night, year after year. Stats are to be used to compare against the league and other teams, would anybody give any credance to stats for only 4:00 starts on Saturday games at the end of the season, NO of course not, so stop these bull#$*t Monday Night Stats.

John

Counting tonight's HD MNF, I got 4 NFL games in HD this weekend, either via OTA or Dish.

Then there were all of the highlights on ESPN HD.

This strikes me as a very good deal.

Paying $318 to DirecTV to get the rest of the games isn't very attractive to me. Particularly given that my local market team is my favorite team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts