HD Free for Life and new Receiver, which order?

kilobravo3

Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
Hi gang, I currently have a 622 and AT200 with HD Silver(been a subscriber for about 5 years). The Caller ID feature on my 622 has been broken for a while now and I really miss the feature. I was planning to agree to the 24 month commitment for the free HD for life, but also considered trying to get an upgrade to the 722k at the same time. I like the idea of having 2 OTA tuners and the larger HD. Since getting the receiver and the HD for life require a 24 month commitment, does it matter the order that I do them in? Also, I "moved" to get locals from the next town (Orlando), so not having a tech visit would be a requirement. I keep reading that upgrades from the 622 to the 722k require a tech visit for some reason. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

You should not have to commit or pay if you already have HD...you are Grandfathered. Have you checked your account online? You would have to commit for the equipment. Also, when I upgraded to 722K (last summer) they just sent it to me.

Last edited:
No...I don't think HD Silver would is grandfathered. Only "HD & Platinum".

Generally you can get the equipment sent if you get the right CSR - I was able to get a 322 to a 722 shipped about three years ago, when normally they didn't allow it. But it's a game.

I thought only the Platinum subscribers were grandfathered. When I logged into my account it was asking me to either commit to 24 months or pay $99, which seems to be in line with everyone else here (not with Platinum). I'm going to try and call them today and see what they have to say.

Only customers getting HD & HD Platinum are grandfathered in. If you do not have both now you with have to add autopay and paperless billing in order to get it. If you are upgrading you will be signing a 24 month commitment anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)