Status
Please reply by conversation.

key2way

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
Monongahela, PA
Hello all,

I am looking to upgrade to a HD FTA (new or used).
I have seen some on ebay and such.

My question is... if I do buy one that was used by the eye patch people would that be legal for me to buy knowing or not knowing it's been modified?

And if it is legal what would be the best model to buy that can be cleared back to it's original firmware or what is a few good models?

Thanks
John

Recommend the CS8000 or CS8100, since they support both DVB-S and SVB-S2 out of the box. The only downside is they lack blindscan, so you will need a blindscan receiver to find feeds, and then transfer the info to the Coolsat. Lately, they are available in the $100 range on ebay. It's relatively easy to revert those boxes to latest factory firmware, so that need not be a concern.
:)

Hey brentb636,
Thanks for the reply.

I have been looking at the Coolsat's along with the AZbox and Quali.

Well I'm ready to buy today.. well last week but I don't want to buy the wrong receiver.

I like the PVR option of the AZbox along with the S2 and I like the 4:2:2 with the Quali.

It needs to be easy to edit with software too.
My Traxis is not bad with it's software but my Neusat is worthless at editing but the Neusat is so much faster then the Traxis with switching channels and such.

I just don't want the same problems.
Working with this stuff all day at work then coming home and doing the same thing is not what I am looking for.
But I guess that dream box is not out there yet :(

DVB-S, DVB-S2 and 4:2:2 all in one box would be nice.

John

Your requirements I believe are met by the Azbox (DVB S, S2 and 4:2:2) only lacking blindscan at this point really. That's why I'm following it. I'm just waiting a bit longer to see how things come along in the next month with fixes and updates on it as it's still beta (might be for quite a while)

Yeah, I'm leaning that way too.
Anyone have some input on the Viewsat MaxHD FTA w/8psk?
Is there anything FTA up there using 8psk anyway?

John

I have a viewsat 9000 hd and it's terrible. It has alot of bugs in the software that will just drive you nuts. The ota scanner does work good on this unit however but that just about all. The new max might be a better box.

I rarely buy anything NEW on ebay, mostly used stuff. If I'm going to take a chance, with no warranty, the price better be RIGHT ! Otherwise, I do business with people I trust.
:)

agreed. Havent been screwed yet on Ebay with a receiver...unless you consider the listing saying "factory software" and it having about 20 hours of PPV movies on it (Pansat 5000 dual tuner PVR unit)

at least the last Coolsat 5000 I got HAD the factory software in it (1.00)

agreed. Havent been screwed yet on Ebay with a receiver...
Me neither...and I've gotten some killer deals too, like the latest goodie in transit now, a Digitrans DTE-7150 commercial unit that does DVB/DCII 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 for $49! :D:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)