Hd Fta?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
C-Band or KU?

24/7 KU is PBS HD
24/7 C-Band has lets see ABC, CBS, MY Network, CW, a movie channel, Outdoor Network, NASA

But both have FEEDS...mainly sports feeds but news feeds can be too :)
Heck last night I had 4 preseason NFL feeds in HD :)

Does NASA HD show the same content as the SD NASA channel, have you ever taken a look?

I can't see NASA on either AMC6 or AMC7 to check.
AMC6 have a tree in the way and AMC7 I have never been able to pick up NASA. And I know AMC7 doesnt have LOS issues :)

Speaking of NASA, I've been doing quite a bit of viewing over the past few days of that channel. Some great views of the Earth from orbit, I'd love to see that content in HD if available :)

bloomdog, did you get an HD box? if so, what one?

No I didn't. I wanted to find out if there's anything to watch before doing so, although, I assume that this is the wave of the future-that everything will be HD in the next few years.

I was wondering--it I don't have an HD box, will I still be able to receive and watch an HD satellite signal in standard definition? or is the signal that much different?

it depends on the brand. Some show green, some show black, some are locked...:(
Most receivers will automactically tune to the last channel it was previously, so for the ones that's locked, this is the worst.

If the feed is HD a normal box would just show a green screen

One of my receivers shows what looks like a "parts" of the feed in blocks on the screen when I'm on a HD feed.

it depends on the brand. Some show green, some show black, some are locked...:(
Most receivers will automactically tune to the last channel it was previously, so for the ones that's locked, this is the worst.

I get the "last channel" thing on my Pansat 1500 when its a 4:2:2 feed but HD is usually just a green screen

The Coolsat does the same thing :(

I can't see NASA on either AMC6 or AMC7 to check.
AMC6 have a tree in the way and AMC7 I have never been able to pick up NASA. And I know AMC7 doesnt have LOS issues :)

That alone would be worth putting the big dish back up for...

I think I smell a weekend project coming. I have a pretty clean shot to both.

The movie channel is listed on lyngsat, as well as the network feeds, and they are all 24/7. But, the network feeds only have programming when they need/use it, such as Prime Time. The networks are also colored gray, as an occassional feed, but the streams are 24/7, and the CW uses a (listed as) CBS transponder. But, they are there.....

Al

I don't look at lyngsat a lot, and My Network may not be listed, but I think it is?

The networks are also colored gray, as an occassional feed

That explains why I was stumped, I was looking for the light green coding. I remember that movie channel now (I just forgot to list that satellite).

Thanks, I don't have C-band but I like to keep my ear to the ground for people who have BUDs and think they are an eyesore. Hidden gold I tell ya....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts