hd in 2nd room

busettis

Original poster
May 21, 2006
Hi ! i just bought a vizio 32 lcd. I was wondering if anyone knows of any solution to get hd in both rooms without getting a second receiver, or suggesting the cheapest route for the 2nd receiver.

Thank you !

Dish HD receivers have all outputs active simultaneously. So, all you would have to do is get a long HDMI (or component) cable(s), run them to the second set, and you're done.

As for 2nd receivers, the 211 is the cheapest single-TV HD receiver, while the 612 is the cheapest single-TV DVR.

thank you. I wouldn't have thought it was going to be that easy..Do I keep dvr capablities in both rooms too?

I bought a 25 ft. component cable for $30-$35 and ran it to the tv in the bedroom and it works great. It's a cheaper solution to buying or leasing a 2nd receiver.

thank you. I wouldn't have thought it was going to be that easy..Do I keep dvr capablities in both rooms too?

Yes. I switched my receiver to single mode to be able to use both remotes (you won't be able to use the 2nd remote if you don't), but it still records stuff on both tuners. You can still record 2 programs at once even if it is in single mode.

that sounds pretty easy! The only thing is that the same channel viewing drawback is pretty bad. i guess you can't have it all...

Yeah, watching the same channel on both tv's never hurt my wife and I because we're always watching tv either in the living room or bedroom never both at the same time. If that is a problem for you then you can look into a 2nd receiver then. I've always heard the 211 is a really good single tuner HD receiver. You can hook the external hard drive to it and get dvr capabilities, but that's another $40 too.

do you know by any chance if he new 922 with sling stuff is capable of letting you watch two different channels in hd or are we still talking sci-fi , if that would be the case I would be willing to wait for the release... ? :D

From what I've seen so far it appears as it will not. That's the only thing that would make me contemplate getting the 922 as I'm perfectly content with my 722 w/ 1 TB external hard drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)