HD interface?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cebbigh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2005
Frostbite Falls
Does anyone know if there is anything in the works for a new HD user interface for the existing HR2x?

Does anyone know if there is anything in the works for a new HD user interface for the existing HR2x?

i believe there's a new interface coming...... you can see glimpses of it in some of the latest directv commercials. don't know if its an HD interface but i really hope it is.

I hope so. I'd love to be able to select how many channels appear on each page (I'd like at least 10). I'd also like to be able to disable those annoying ads.

Also, I never understood this since digital cable has been around (this is not restricted to DTV)... why not allow users to reorder the channels in the guide? How hard could that be to program?

I could be wrong about this but I believe that the graphics component of the broadcom chips used in the H/HR series can only do one HD and one SD display, and since directv uses the picture in guide/list/menu all the time, if thats an HD picture then the guide/list/menu has to be in SD. It'd be ugly to sometimes render an HD interface and sometimes an SD interface depending on what show was in the little picture-in window. Might also be implausible to downrez the picture-in window to SD so as to render an HD interface.

I'm not 110% sure of this, its just something I think I saw in the broadcom specs. Dont know anything about the overlay capabilities of the chipset in the HR24. Perhaps that can do an HD/HD overlay and they'll offer the HD interface only on the HR24 and subsequent series.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts