HD lil capacity left? D10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Does anyone know how many areas they CAN add?

Ive seen the SHORT list for 1st half 2008, just wondering if this is it.

Great news today for Knoxville Tn area,Told we will be getting HD locals off D10 by Jan 15th 2008.:)

So the HD locals expansion is still on just don't know how many more markets they plan to light up with the D10 bird.:up

Matt

There is another satellite to go up still so it should allow more locals and nationals. It has been delayed and reported on this site. I'm assuming that DirecTV goal is to have a percentage in the nineties of locals in SD/HD in most markets. Hopefully they will go in numerical order based on the number of customers in each market that subscribe.

Ive seen the SHORT list for 1st half 2008, just wondering if this is it.

Hey Elwaylite, who's on the short list you've seen for early '08?

Am I glad I switch to D* now I get all my local channels in HD I live in Los Angeles and am very happy camper.

Great news today for Knoxville Tn area,Told we will be getting HD locals off D10 by Jan 15th 2008.:)

So the HD locals expansion is still on just don't know how many more markets they plan to light up with the D10 bird.:up

Matt

Unfortunately it didn't happen. Maybe June, 15th 2008. :(

We are still waiting here in Norfolk Va area. Man I miss Wash DC!!!!!
And Toledo, Oh as well, but it will be up AFTER the next sat goes up and that has been known for a long time.
Although originally it was suppose to be on sometime last year.

Jimbo

If I'm gonna stick with satellite in Hampton and not have locals in hd, Dish's $35 hd only package is looking promising.

If I'm gonna stick with satellite in Hampton and not have locals in hd, Dish's $35 hd only package is looking promising.

I like the idea of a HD only package but there is to much programming watched in my house that is SD only.

My wife and I like to watch truTV. I like ESPNEWS. My daughters watch all of the different kids channels. My sister-in-law who lives with us while she is in college watches all of the Lifetime type channels. There's others as well but you get the idea.

January, 23 2008

It happened. :)

8 Days late but glad it was turned on before the Super Bowl.:)

About 10 more Local markets to light up with D10 over the next three months, then it's all up to a good launch for the D11 bird to continue the HD locals expansion.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)