HD LiL for Atlanta set for Nov. 22?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

The Big Wood

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 21, 2003
NE Georgia
I ran across this on a local Atlanta forum. Is there any proof or more info anyone else can share on this?

"The date for the MPEG-4 rollout in Atlanta is now November 22nd.

I happened to run into a Direct TV training session in Duluth
(accidentaly) and they had the new receiver and the 5 LNB dish.
They had a working demo of Atlanta stations in HD going on.

The dish is fairly large when compared to the current oval dish.

Asked if there was to be a deal on trade-in and told there would be.

Greg"

Thanks for any info!
Anthony

I am having trouble with my H-10 receiverso I called D* and they said they could send out a replacement. I asked about the proposed swap out for the Atlanta area and the CSR advised the date he had was mid-December. For what it's worth.

Has anyone gotten any info from D* about scheduling upgrades? It would appear from D's announcement after the recent satellite launch that Nov. 22 apears to be right or at least close. I would love to be one of the first to sign up :).

Just got offf the phone with D* and have my install for the 5 LNB dish and H-20 replacement set for the 28th of this month. Took a few phone calls to find the right person but at least it's scheduled.

Did they happen to mention anything about what channels they are carrying and when the HD LiL would hit?

I'm with E* right now, and I'm on the verge of leasing their HD DVR...but I want to know my options of D* HD LiL first.

They did not mention the channels but I assume it will be the big 4 for right now and according to the D* press release Atlanta will be online before the end of this month.

Category4,

Do you know which department you talked to? I have talked to 2 groups there and they are clueless (no surprise). Thanks.

Be nice if WTBS was included, then could catch the Braves in HD.
My dad's house in Flovilla is right on the southern tip of the DMA, so no hopes of catching the OTA signal.

I saw them there too... I did not see the respective dishes...

I've called D* and thier PR department who released a statement with the last launch that we would have them this month... but no one seems to have a firm date...

Wait and see I guess... maybe a black friday surprise?

I told a coworker about this (he has D*), and he got some "I have no info on HD locals for Atlanta" lines, but he was persistent. He was placed on hold for a while, and then someone else came on the line and told him they would notify him within 48 hours what D* will do. Sounds to me like they brushed him off. :rolleyes:

We shall see...

I just called the regular number (800) 494-4388 and went from there. I had to call 5 or 6 times till I got someone who would take a few minutes and I had to explain everything to them.

I called D* and local HD's are available today (In Atlanta). But, they want to charge me $99 + $14.95 for delivery. I thought I read that the equipment swap would be "free". Anyone have details about this?

The H20 is free after the rebate, but if you are an existing customer I believe they charge for the AT9 dish. New subscribers get the dish at no charge from us, but we can not schedule upgrades for existing customers. Of course, we do sell new and existing subscibers the new H20 HD receivers and our customers pay zero after the rebate.

-Robert

I called back and here is the latest "deal".

Set up appointment today = $99 + $14.95 and includes the dish and installation.
Set up appointment on Friday (Nov. 25) and cost will be $188 + $14.95 - $200 rebate, includes dish and installation.

Thanks Robert, I may be calling.

What are the local channels that are being offered at this time? I assume just ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX.

Will they ever offer TBS, WB, UPN, PBS, etc.?

"All the channels you can receive OTA" is what I was told by the CSR, including UPN, PAX TBS, etc. We will see.

Status
Please reply by conversation.