HD LILs in Atlanta especially NBC

kluken

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
Is it me of is E* just not capable of doing HD LILs in ATL very well. The NBC station is constantly having probelms via E*, yet OTA seems fine. The ABC station woudl be the next worst with periods of blank screen. The NBC seems to break up with blockiness green patches. Seems like the HD LIL MPEG4 stuff is still teething. Darn shame as it was the main reason I ditched my super reliable 942 for a 622 only to have this BS. E* keeps thinking it is my reciver, yet they have replaced it once early on for being noisy and yet the LIL issue is still there, I try telling them it is likely them. I do have a seperate dish pointed to 129 so I get a good signal from 129.

I used to see the problems on the Atlanta NBC station all the time, but haven't really seen them lately. I thought they fixed most of these problems in the last software upgrade.

Yeah, I know that alot of people have trouble hitting 129 in the ATL area. I wish Dish would have put them on 61.5 instead, but all well.

I live in Peachtree City and as of a month ago, the OTA signal strength dropped from 80% to 45%, rendering it unwatchable. To view WXIA in HD, I am forced to watch via the LIL, which for the most part has been behaving itself on my 622.
The station needs to transmit in the UHF range like everyone else vesus VHF. I emailed them about this issue but never received a response...

The only station in ATL to be responsive is FOX and CBS. Fox reposned to my e-mail when I commended them for never having any HD issues, that at least I saw, which is better than the other ATL stations. CBS was horrible about 18 months ago and their Engineering manager contacted me and working with them they found a bug in their hardware with audio. WXIA is horrible, they do nto repsond to anything, but at leas tI get them strong OTA, but the LIL feed seems to be a problme, I suspet it is a E* or WXIA uplink issue as it usually happens with NBC shows not in HD, seems to have blicky green patterns, and the CBS station tends to have weak OTA signal. ABC (WSB) is all over the place, some days ok, other days weak signal, they seem to be having the most HD issues. If WXIA woudl move to UHF I woudl ditch my big VHF/UFH ant in the attic and get a big UHF and put that on the house as it woudl be less an eye sore than my 90 mile combo ant.

Yeah, I know that alot of people have trouble hitting 129 in the ATL area. I wish Dish would have put them on 61.5 instead, but all well.
Ditto, I had a 61.5 dish then they put the HD LIL on 129 so I had to take a tree down and then E* moved my 61.5 to 129 so I at least have a dedicated 129 dish so my 129 signal is good.