hd-lite 411

All the core HD-Pak channels are being sent in their native resolution. (TNTHD, Discovery HD, ESPNHD, HDNet, HDNet Movies)

All 10 of the VOOM channels are being sent in 1280x1080i. (HD Lite)

Only 3 of the VOOM channels are being down converted since being on Dish.

cbstv said:
so, the only hd that dish has that is NOT TRUE HD are the 10 voom channels?

That is correct, although I think that CBS HD East is being down converted to 1440x1080i I think that is an engineering issue more than anything.

Last edited:
cbstv said:
Are the MPEG4 national HD channels (Universal, ESPN2...) going full/native HD?

Universal is in full native hd 1920 * 1080I.. Espn2 is in its native form of 1280 * 720P also. ;)

CBS HD East is at 1440 x 1080I while

It is reported that nbc and Cbs are in 720P but we wont know offically what format it will be in when it launches!

cbstv said:
but will dish choose to down-res these to free-up bandwidth?
Like bob said, hard to tell when a channel isn't even launched yet and is still in testing.

I am curious if Dish will even carry all HD-LIL's. My DMA has two distinct ABC affiliates. Would kind of be a waste to carry both, but unfair to only pick 1. I know other DMA's are in a similar situation too.

goaliebob99 said:
Universal is in full native hd 1920 * 1080I.. Espn2 is in its native form of 1280 * 720P also. ;)

CBS HD East is at 1440 x 1080I while

It is reported that nbc and Cbs are in 720P but we wont know offically what format it will be in when it launches!

HD-LILs will be native?
(so the only channels that are down-resed are the voom channels?)

Last edited:
cbstv, to recap. The HD-LILs are not launched yet - thus no one can tell you what resolution they will be in for sure until they do launch. Currently the only channels that are being down-converted are a couple of the VOOM channels that used to be in a higher resolution. It should be noted that this only applies to a couple of VOOM channels, the rest were always at the lower resolution.

jkinser said:
cbstv, to recap. The HD-LILs are not launched yet - thus no one can tell you what resolution they will be in for sure until they do launch. Currently the only channels that are being down-converted are a couple of the VOOM channels that used to be in a higher resolution. It should be noted that this only applies to a couple of VOOM channels, the rest were always at the lower resolution.

thanks for the clarification.

Well judging from all the griping that's been going on I assumed most if not all of the channels had been downconverted. Guess these people are just LOUD when they get mad. :D

cbstv said:
so, the only hd that dish has that is NOT TRUE HD are the 10 voom channels?
I may have missed this in a previous post, but will VOOM (plus the soon to be added add'l voom channels) all remain HD-Lite from here out? If so, I can see no reason to keep my VOOM subscription, since the PQ change lately is most obvious..
Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)