HD-Lite Class Action

whatchel1 said:
I'm not and not arguing 1 way or the other I have posted standards. Anyway ppl on this thread should read the thread email posted on the "super reply from Dish". It says that they are not transmitting HD Lite.
I'd give as much credence to that email as I did to the Level 2 Dish Tech that told me that the resolution Dish broadcasts in depends on what kind of TV I own.

Scott

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........................................................ guess no one seen my post, or doesn't care....lol. I'm learning a lot on this site. I posted my very first post pages ago.

bruistertech30 said:
UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........................................................ guess no one seen my post, or doesn't care....lol. I'm learning a lot on this site. I posted my very first post pages ago.
Sorry no one responded to your post. Since your questions seem to be DirecTV-specific, I would recommend you post them in the DirecTV section of our forum, so that it would be easier for DirecTV customers/installers to notice them. You are currently in Dish Network section.

In one of your posts you asked about LIL. LIL and other common abreviations are defined in the Glossary (one of the options in the menu at the top of each page):
LIL : Local In To Local, The offering of local channels via satellite to subscribers.

Welcome to the forum, bruistertech30! :wave

YoMamasMan said:
I contend that you, and perhaps some others on this board, who augur to justify the virtues of HD-Lite broadcast are just earning your Echostar stock rewards.

Are you compensated by Echostar?
Your first post had zero to do with HD-Lite, as it was just a rant on your problems with DISH. Now you you have nothing to bring to the table except to accuse me of having some financial gain in trying to convince others of DISHs plan. I find it very narrow minded of you to think that because someone disagrees with you they must not actually have a better point but some evil agenda. DISH is running a business and I will put Charlie up against any of you. As I have asked for an alternative business plan from you guys and have heard nothing.

I find it silly that anyone here would put any weight to a posters stock portfolio as it relates to a HD-Lite discussion. A stock owner could take either side of the debate. If anyone here believes one could make DISH stock go up or down by posting in this thread, then I have over estimated the intelligence in this debate. ;)

As to your fishing expedition: I have only owned DISH stock once, I bought it high and sold it low. I lost $1000 after waiting as long as I cared for it to move back up to my purchase price. As this is completely unrelated the rest of my stock portfolio is sealed. :cool:

Just in case if Mods there will continue to removing my posts at DBSTalk:
Ron, those words "That lame old debate again? Sheesh." must be from same recycle bin where is my post now !
It is inapproriate to abuse a power of Super Moderator posting in this manner.

PQ is defined and supporting by numbers ! Resolution, ie detaling, and bandwith ie support moving parts of picture.
Anyone who participate in the debates must have solid base, but not juggling by words.

I came here with solid engineering background and can't accept PR-type discussion; if it will come same way to discuss how to build spacecrafts or missiles, then you could imaging where we could be after that.

Yes, there is should some equipment to measure, yes there is must be METRICS for compare and do conclusion !
But not words like "slightly". 33% is it "slightly" degradation ?!

How you could chear to the person who never seen real PQ in 1920x1080i 16Mbps ? HOw you can use him as your argument ?

SHEEZ !

dslate69 said:
Your first post had zero to do with HD-Lite, as it was just a rant on your problems with DISH. Now you you have nothing to bring to the table except to accuse me of having some financial gain in trying to convince others of DISHs plan. I find it very narrow minded of you to think that because someone disagrees with you they must not actually have a better point but some evil agenda. DISH is running a business and I will put Charlie up against any of you. As I have asked for an alternative business plan from you guys and have heard nothing.

I find it silly that anyone here would put any weight to a posters stock portfolio as it relates to a HD-Lite discussion. A stock owner could take either side of the debate. If anyone here believes one could make DISH stock go up or down by posting in this thread, then I have over estimated the intelligence in this debate. ;)

As to your fishing expedition: I have only owned DISH stock once, I bought it high and sold it low. I lost $1000 after waiting as long as I cared for it to move back up to my purchase price. As this is completely unrelated the rest of my stock portfolio is sealed. :cool:

If you say that Echostar does not compensate you, then I owe you a big apology. It is still unclear to me as to why you augur so strongly for HD-Lite. You have my apology. :confused:

You are not going to get alternative business plan from me. It is Echostar’s obligation to produce a competitively priced business plan that satisfies market requirements.

As for ranting, well I am not happy. I have endured poor hardware performance, while receiving minimum HD content. I want to get my money’s worth of product and services from Echostar. I do not want to buy more hardware, and upgrade my subscription to get the product I expect to have today. This is why my posts are relevant to the argument against HD-Lite.

As I said before, “I expect too much”. Perhaps, its time for me to go back to Comcast. :(

YoMamasMan said:
........As I said before, “I expect too much”. Perhaps, its time for me to go back to Comcast. :(

There you go, You've said what I've said. IF you have a true 1080i set and are obsessive over the size and rez, please go with cable.

Quit advocating us having less channels at the expense of the few HD-lightweights.

HD LITE: how many hd tvs are already mislabeled. All lcd and plasmas that are in the 2000 buck range have a resolution of 1280x720P Is that what you upset people are complaining about with dish. Those sets should all be recalled so they can be properly labeled hd lite and will meet dish networks present pq.
I just read a review of a plasma 1080p but it sells for 10,000 bucks. Is that what you hd lite guys are all going to get.
Dave.

Smith said:
Sh!t, he deleted the my posts there ! :( JL still in charge of Dish good facing :)

EDIT: Try to read between lines :).
That's one of the reasons why I don't post there much anymore. I have no problems with moderators removing offensive or libelous material, but it seemed that power was often used to stifle debate instead.

This is a much more free-flowing forum, although that can lead to some off-topic, and over-the-top discussions.

Given the two choices, I find this one to be more valuable.

Scott

dude2 said:
HD LITE: how many hd tvs are already mislabeled. All lcd and plasmas that are in the 2000 buck range have a resolution of 1280x720P Is that what you upset people are complaining about with dish. Those sets should all be recalled so they can be properly labeled hd lite and will meet dish networks present pq.
1280 x 720p is classified as HD, so nothing needs to be relabeled.

Nobody here is arguing otherwise.

Scott

He hardly chasing the departured train, hope he will catch-up all the technical details soon. :)
BTW, 1080p DLP are in $2000-$4000 range; not nessesary to raise a plank for hi-price gadgets.

dude2 said:
All lcd and plasmas that are in the 2000 buck range have a resolution of 1280x720P

I love it when folks make statements like this. There are LCD's out there that do 1920x1080p, I paid $1599 for a Sceptre 42" LCD and there are Westinghouses out there in that price range also.

Last edited:
YoMamasMan said:
If you say that Echostar does not compensate you, then I owe you a big apology. It is still unclear to me as to why you augur so strongly for HD-Lite. You have my apology. :confused:
Again your disbelief that another point of view can exist.
YoMamasMan said:
You are not going to get alternative business plan from me. It is Echostar’s obligation to produce a competitively priced business plan that satisfies market requirements.
And they have, this is what you are bitchin' about. When asked what any of you would do differently, I just hear more bitchin'.
YoMamasMan said:
As I said before, “I expect too much”. Perhaps, its time for me to go back to Comcast. :(
I hate to see you go. :rolleyes:

dslate69 said:
Again your disbelief that another point of view can exist.

And they have, this is what you are bitchin' about. When asked what any of you would do differently, I just hear more bitchin'.

I hate to see you go. :rolleyes:

Man, you are such an aggravating (deleted by staff). The guy apologized.

Go find another thread to peddle your drivil. In fact, go start your own "We want more HD-Lite" thread. Carry on all you want there and those of us that don't want to listen to you will just NOT GO THERE - like most normal people do with threads they don't like and if any of us "Real HD" advocates bother you over there, you can chastise us all you want.

waltinvt said:
Man, you are such an aggravating (deleted by staff). The guy apologized.

Go find another thread to peddle your drivil. In fact, go start your own "We want more HD-Lite" thread. Carry on all you want there and those of us that don't want to listen to you will just NOT GO THERE - like most normal people do with threads they don't like and if any of us "Real HD" advocates bother you over there, you can chastise us all you want.
Your name calling got me riled and I about said some things I am sure I would regret and surely get banned for. But then I realized you are just a geek with anonymity muscles and would have a completely different tone face to face.

Not to mention you show your intelect or lack there of when you have nothing on point to say. As everything I said in response to a "loaded" apology was relevent and on topic.

SRW1000 said:
1280 x 720p is classified as HD, so nothing needs to be relabeled.

Nobody here is arguing otherwise.

Scott

So lets stop bitching about hd lite as it is hd according to your statement and if not the the sets need to be labeled hd lite.
Davd.

rad said:
I love it when folks make statements like this. There are LCD's out there that do 1920x1080p, I paid $1599 for a Sceptre 42" LCD and there are Westinghouses out there in that price range also.

If it hasn;t been tested for true 1080p it most likely is falsley labled. Check out the test reports on another fourm and not even some of the sony labeled 1080p were capable. Its screw the consumer game right now and if it says 1080p and is 1500 bucks Ha Ha you got screwed. You better go trade it in on the new 10,000 pioneer that has been tested and is true HD 1080p.
Dave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)