Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Last Night Dish Network made many folks happy in various areas by adding some of the missing CBS and NBC HD stations in their area.

Here is a list of the new channels which were added late last night in HD.

hdlocals.jpg

It should be because WIBW is also owned by Gray TV. Looks like Dish and Gray came to terms. It would be interesting to find out if Hilton Howell (Gray's new CEO) is looking for at least some money from Dish - maybe not all he could get - or if Dish caved. Gray is at risk of losing their place on the NYSE because their stock now sells for under a dollar. They are involved in a fairly large stock buy back to shore up the price of their stock. It may be that they are looking for as much cash flow as they can get. Only a guess.

Gee,we now have 2 stations in the Madison area. Still no CBS,the only network worth watching! Directv has 5 stations in our area.

Any update as to when WWMT channel 3 (CBS) is going to be added in HD for the Grand Rapids, MI market? I'm getting tired of watching SEC and NFL football in SD, and it's almost impossible to get that channel off air.

Any update as to when WWMT channel 3 (CBS) is going to be added in HD for the Grand Rapids, MI market? I'm getting tired of watching SEC and NFL football in SD, and it's almost impossible to get that channel off air.

Exactly. This station would be great to get added. I can not get a signal OTA and it is difficult to watch SD. Lots of shows on CBS that would be great in HD. Come on Freedom

WWMT iis owned by freedom corp - at last word freedom and dish have not made an agreement over HD - several markets are lacking a HD channel. The reason most HDs do not launch with others in the market place is carriage agreements. Dish has no agreement in place for freedom or newport and three or four others. I wrote about this and their negotiations several months ago. I would be pleasantly surprised to see them added, but I was told several months ago that the dish freedom rift is very wide and not to expect anything until at least feb. Don't know if that is still the case or not.