HD Local Additions

CBS is the only Network I watch that is not HD. We where on the list for the end of 2006 and that has come and gone so I guess we will have them "SOON":D

I live in Sheboygan too, and find the HD locals from "E" don't always work right for me either. I am begging to think that this is a very poor provider. I have to have 2 dishes just to get the local HD channels that don't always work. "D" gets everything with just one dish. A friend of mine that has "D" says that his HD locals work just fine. What's the problem with Dish?

I live in Sheboygan too, and find the HD locals from "E" don't always work right for me either. I am begging to think that this is a very poor provider. I have to have 2 dishes just to get the local HD channels that don't always work. "D" gets everything with just one dish. A friend of mine that has "D" says that his HD locals work just fine. What's the problem with Dish?

Do you know what kind of dish setup you have?

I live in charleston, wv and i tried to see my local nbc in hd and all i could see was the standard definition channel. not only that according to dish networks website, i should also have abc and fox in hd. they have the channel listing as ch 5200 for abc and ch 5203 for fox. can someone tell me what gives. after being on the phone for an hr and trying different things, the csr told me they were in the process of moving satellites and that is why the nbc wasent coming in. could some one help me with this and tell me if they are receiving any of these channels. thanks a lot.

I live in charleston, wv and i tried to see my local nbc in hd and all i could see was the standard definition channel. not only that according to dish networks website, i should also have abc and fox in hd. they have the channel listing as ch 5200 for abc and ch 5203 for fox. can someone tell me what gives. after being on the phone for an hr and trying different things, the csr told me they were in the process of moving satellites and that is why the nbc wasent coming in. could some one help me with this and tell me if they are receiving any of these channels. thanks a lot.

You need either (a) a wing dish pointed at 77W or (b) an Eastern Arc (1000.4) dish installed to get those channels in HD. Call Dish again. You got a dumb CSR the first time. They'll probably upgrade your Dish (or put in a wing dish) for free if you commit to 2 years.

WCHS 5200 (ABC)
WOWK 5201 (CBS)
WVAH 5203 (Fox)

Those are the HD locals available to you.

Glad to know its not my equip causing the issues and that you are having HD problems too. (not that its a good thing). I too have 2 dishes but have had them for a long time, I believe they are all capable of being received on one dish here in Sheboygan now with the dish 1000 but why change that if this works. Then again, maybe it would work better?!?. Sure wish we'd get CBS though.

Here's a question I'm guessing I already know the answer to:

If I get Dish HD and none of my locals are available in HD can I get distant locals that are?

Given how bass ackwards all this is I'm thinking the answer is a Ted Stevens-style "NO!"

Last edited:
after being transferred and transferred a csr told me i had to try my system info to see what satellites i get and if that doesnt work, they will do an upgrade. hopefully ill get it resolved this evening one way or another. wish me luck!!!

Man, they uplinked CBS, NBC, and ABC for Tulsa, OK 2 weeks ago.

Any word on when they will become available?

You need either (a) a wing dish pointed at 77W or (b) an Eastern Arc (1000.4) dish installed to get those channels in HD. Call Dish again. You got a dumb CSR the first time. They'll probably upgrade your Dish (or put in a wing dish) for free if you commit to 2 years.

WCHS 5200 (ABC)
WOWK 5201 (CBS)
WVAH 5203 (Fox)

Those are the HD locals available to you.

WSAZ 5202 (NBC) channel 3 has been available in HD for about a week now.

Finaly NBC in omaha, Even though I use my antenna for the sup. quality now I am getting my moneys worth for the program guide i pay $5 for :]

Still waiting on the 3 Tulsa HD locals myself. I am tired of Dish putting things off. I am planning on switchin!, Also what about more Fox Sports Nets like Fox Sports Oklahoma. You have to find it on one of the Alternate sports feeds between 444-453 very frustrating to say the least. It changes places every nite and usually gets bumped to one of the alternates that doesn't have an HD feed. GRRR. This is my last go with Dish!

I'm in San Antonio. Where the heck is WOAI HD (NBC affiliate)? Seems as if we've been waiting for it since the beginning of time. And Dish while you're at it, please add KMYS HD (My Network), would be nice to view Spurs games in HD.

I was about to give up hope. I finally found someone that knew what to do. the new dish was installed this morning. i will try it out when i get home!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts