HD Local channels with 211 receiver ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

milosusa

Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
Guys maybe stupid Q. but if I change to 211 receiver and with Dish 1000 will my local channels be in HD without OTA antenna ? Now I do have Dish 1000 and 811 receiver, but my local are just a SD. Living in Sacramento, CA area.
THX milos

If Im not mistaken you should be able to get your locals in HD with the Dish 1000 when they go live in your area. I think that you might half to get one of the new MPEG4 receivers to get your locals when Dish makes them live in your area. Due to I was thought that when Dish adds the locals in HD that they were going to be in MPEG4. I could be wrong but this is what I understood it but with the 1000 you should not need a OTA when Dish goes live with the HD Locals in your area. Now since you have one already not for sure if the 811 will pick them up without haveing the need of a OTA still. I think with the new receivers you will not need a OTA any more. Again I could be wrong but this is the way I understood it.

I don't recall if Sacramento is on the HD locals list or not. If you do get them you will be set with an mpeg4 receiver (your 811 will not see them.) E* is only putting on abc, nbc, cbs and fox to start off with. No timeframe if/when they will add any other local HD networks you may now receive ota.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)