HD local network

sbsi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
Do I need both HD receiver and HD service in order to get the local network station in my city on HD? I currently own a non-HD receiver without HD service, but my TV is HD Ready?

just a HD receiver. If your locals are in HD they **Should** show up on the HD receiver

I have Welcome Pack (cant add any HD to it) yet I get my locals in HD

How much are you paying for your 211k receiver each month? Do you know the lease price for 222k receiver? I cannot find any price information around this forum.

Last edited:
How much are you paying for the HD receiver each month to get your locals on HD?
nothing.
The 1st receiver on the account has no receiver fee. I use a 211 which has no DVR fees either

I only need my locals on HD and the other channels I watch will never be on HD.
yep you should have the locals in HD as long as you have a HD receiver.

If I ship my old receiver and replace a new HD receiver, do I have to pay shipping twice? For example, do I pay $15 both ways, $30 total

If I ship my old receiver and replace a new HD receiver, do I have to pay shipping twice? For example, do I pay $15 both ways, $30 total

You really should pm one of the Dirt members here.Scroll down to the bottom of the page (members list) the dirt members are in red.Chances are they will want to send a installer out to upgrade you to HD.Very likely you will need a new dish.

But normally if you upgrade they send you the new receiver and you put the old one (if leased) in that same box and send back

What locals do you sub to? Reason I ask is there are some that are on the 110/119 sats

How much are you paying for your 211k receiver each month? Do you know the lease price for 222k receiver? I cannot find any price information around this forum.

The most expensive receiver on the account is free. But for sake of argument for add'l receivers
single tuner units (311,211) $7
dual tuner single output units (612) $10
dual tuner dual output non DVR (222, 322) $14
dual tuner dual output DVR (722, 622) $17

basically its $7 an output and add $3 extra for a DVR

The 222 is just 2 tuners. You cant make it a DVR whereas the 211 you can

No, the $15.00 shipping charge will cover the replacement receiver to you and the return of the disabled reciever back to DISH Network. If you have any account specific questions, please PM me with your phone# and I can assist with the upgrade if you would like!

who can i talk to on dish network to get the receiver exchange?

i try talking to 2 customer service staffs and they keep telling me I need HD programming and HD dish to get the HD receiver. i even told them i only want locals on HD and they try to sell me other stuff.

i try talking to 2 customer service staffs and they keep telling me I need HD programming and HD dish to get the HD receiver. i even told them i only want locals on HD and they try to sell me other stuff.

Send me a PM with your phone number or account number, along with what you're looking to get done, and I can get you taken care of.

You don't want a ViP222. It has not been the most successful receiver Dish has put out. It certainly isn't the worst, either, by far. But if you read around, you will see that it is not well regarded. For one thing, you can never add an EHD to it to turn it into a DVR. Even though you don't think you want that feature today, I think it likely you will one day. Better to be ahead of the curve on this one.

Look at the ViP211K, the ViP612 and the ViP722K. That last one is the highest horsepower, but gives you the most, including Sling Adapter compatibility (something else you might one day be interested in). If it's your only receiver, receiver fees don't matter. But they may want some coin of the realm up front to lease it. The ViP211K has the advantage that if you ever wanted to tailgate with satellite TV, you could buy a Tailgator dish and be set. Currently the ViP211K is the only receiver for that function, although I am reading of others having some success with the standard ViP211. No reason to get a ViP211 when the ViP211K is available.

I'm sure the CSR is having a hard time getting their head around your wanting an HD receiver without HD programming. They don't usually do that. But they can. Might want money to do it. YMMV. DIRT is your best bet here.

Well... There's the 381 which you should be able to pick up for very little. It has an HD ATSC tuner and can drive your HDTV via component. But it's an SD receiver as far as Dish is concerned. They will not demand that you pay for HD programming nor get a new dish antenna. ;)

depending on what locals you get you **may** need a different dish. If you currently have a dish at 110/119 most HD locals (on Western Arc) are on 129 which would need a different dish

AFAIK If you want to get your locals in HD from Dish, you must have an HD receiver to decode the HD signal. If you sign up for auto paperless bil pay, you get HD at no additional cost.

depending on what locals you get you **may** need a different dish. If you currently have a dish at 110/119 most HD locals (on Western Arc) are on 129 which would need a different dish

I got two dish, one is 500+, not sure about the other one.

Also, how can I tell whether my locals in aiming at 129.

If it is the receiver, I don't mind paying the s/h to get it exchange. Just want something on HD without any big hassle like installation.

I got two dish, one is 500+, not sure about the other one.

Also, how can I tell whether my locals in aiming at 129.

If it is the receiver, I don't mind paying the s/h to get it exchange. Just want something on HD without any big hassle like installation.

Click on The List! at the top of the page. Then click Subscription List. Click on the Dish satellite of interest and then look for your DMA (TV market).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)