HD local only package

MikeF

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
Is this possible, along with the DVR charge? I have a D* install tomorrow and it will take some time for my DNS waivers to process. I have become too mush of an HD-snob and want to keep E* around for my locals until not needed anymore.

Yes, I was wanting only the locals. And it is not possible according to the CSR I spoke with so I now have the 52.00+ HD only pack, but only as long as it takes to get my DNS waivers.

You can get "locals Only" which will include the HD versions if available IF you own and are not leasing the receiver.

The bill will look like this:

Locals - $5.99
HD Enabling Fee - $7.00 (for not having and HD package)
Programm Access Fee - $6.00 (For not having a standard package)
DVR Fee $5.98 (Because they can)

Total = $24.97 plus tax if applicable.
Quite the deal :)

You can get "locals Only" which will include the HD versions if available IF you own and are not leasing the receiver.

The bill will look like this:

Locals - $5.99
HD Enabling Fee - $7.00 (for not having and HD package)
Programm Access Fee - $6.00 (For not having a standard package)
DVR Fee $5.98 (Because they can)

Total = $24.97 plus tax if applicable.
Quite the deal :)
I was told by a CSR that you can get this for a leased receiver. The costs were similar to what you said above (I can't remember the exact costs), but instead of the "Program Access Fee" I was told that I needed to subscribe to at least SOME standard package. Their cheapest package would do. The "Family Pack" or something like that was the cheapest I think. I don't remember it's cost. Technically this would not be "locals only", since you have to get that cheap package, but it was the closest (cheapest) thing the CSR said I could buy to "HD locals only".

Family Pack is $19.99 a month. By the time you do that plus HD Enabling fee, it would be $3 more per month to get the HD only pack.

$29.99 HD only
$5.98 DVR fee
$5.99 Locals (nicluding HD where available)

Total $41.96

Dish Fam. $19.99
Locals $5.99
HD Enabling Fee $7
DVR Fee $5.98

Total= 38.96

Yes, I was wanting only the locals. And it is not possible according to the CSR I spoke with so I now have the 52.00+ HD only pack, but only as long as it takes to get my DNS waivers.
How do you get to $52+ with the HD only pack? I think I'm at 40.97 with locals before tax.

Last edited:
How do you get to $52+ with the HD only pack? I think I'm at 40.97 with locals before tax.
They told me I also have to pay a fee for my 622 lease and I also have the Home protection thing. So I am now at 52 and change. Anybody that thinks the package is 29.95 is just wrong.

They told me I also have to pay a fee for my 622 lease and I also have the Home protection thing. So I am now at 52 and change. Anybody that thinks the package is 29.95 is just wrong.
I'm not sure about the lease, but as far as the home protection thing goes, many people around here suggest dropping that and just adding it when you need it. I think there have been a few people who have added it and applied for the service in the same call when something goes wrong. Don't take my word for it, though.

I'm not sure about the lease, but as far as the home protection thing goes, many people around here suggest dropping that and just adding it when you need it. I think there have been a few people who have added it and applied for the service in the same call when something goes wrong. Don't take my word for it, though.
I called and dropped the protection plan. I cannot get out of the Lease fee as my 622 is leased, doesn't matter that is now the first and only E* receiver I have. So i am now at 47 and change. Thanks for saving me 4.95.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)