HD locals added on 4/19/06

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
I just got off the phone with a csr (I know, don't believe a word they say). She said the following cities are starting tomorrow: Birmingham, Columbus, KC, Minn S-P, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Sacramento and San Diego.

Let's cross our fingers and hope this is true...there has been no real official word on this directly from DirecTV (surprising...yet not:(). And don't expect to see them at midnight: DirecTV tends to add channels at 6am Eastern.

Questioner said:
Thanks, we already knew that though

I know there were some cities scheduled to go live tomorrow, but I did not see this list.

Okay, now I found it, with all of the other cities for the entire year.:eek:

Last edited:
Raoul5788 - Thanks for finding the info. Hopefully it is a good sign that the CSR is saying they will go live tomorrow. If they do, it will be great that there is no slipage in the schedule for the roll out.

looks like another long night for me to see if its true, i'll report such as soon as columbus,oh comes live so that satguys will have it first!

At 12:36am i did a red button reset on my H20, and now i have an ch 96,97,98 displaying, all three say To Be Announced. Its possable that the roll out of hd lil to columbus might be true. will keep you all posted!

The HD locals should show up in the channel guide with the other local channels,right?

Well 4 - 6 more hours, give or take, if the 19th holds true. Please put all new HD LIL in this thread. To keep it all consolidated and easy to read.

Last edited:
steve615 said:
The HD locals should show up in the channel guide with the other local channels,right?

my bad, i read somewhere where someone tuned to 99-3, so i started looking there.

I did some research on www.directv.com/local and entered zip codes and here is what I found out:

Birmingham has ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX in HD
Columbus has ABC, NBC and FOX, but not CBS
Kansas City has none
Minneapolis has ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX
Nashville has none
Pittsburgh has ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX
Sacramento has ABC, CBS, and NBC, but not FOX
San Diego has ABC and NBC, but not CBS or FOX

20 MPEG4 HD Locals getting lit up in a day. D* is moving in the right direction.

EDIT: These should light up at 6am EDT, but most channels will not be in HD until primtime later tonight.

Nashville does show HD (I used zip 37010, 37086)

Available Channels
Network-----Affiliate-----Local#-----3-Digit#-----Local HD
ABC WKRN 2 961 2
NBC WSMV 4 962 4
CBS WTVF 5 963 5
PBS WNPT 8 964
FOX WZTV 17 965 17

Kansas City does show HD (I used zip 66110, 66160)

Available Channels
Network----Affiliate----Local#----3-Digit#----Local HD
FOX WDAF 4 944 4
CBS KCTV 5 945 5
ABC KMBC 9 946 9
PBS KCPT 19 947
UPN KCWE 29 948
IND KMCI 38 949
NBC KSHB 41 950 41

Those customers in served cities with missing affiliates should call the local affiliate's GM and/or station MGR and voice your message that they need to come to terms ASAP with DirecTV for HD retransmission rights. Drop a line to your local rep as well; never hurts.

They've started...NBC-HD has appeared, just waiting for the other three....:) Full 1080i glory (although they are not showing anything HD at the moment...;))!

And here's the kicker: I still get no signal on 103, yet 99-100% on transponders 22 & 30 on sat 99. Are these coming off Spaceway 2???

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)