HD locals added on 4/19/06

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hmmm, I'm in sacramento and didn't get any call about upgrade. Now, will people who currently have HD DN lose them? I hope not as my OTA is not 100% reliable (though lately with the good weather it's been great!) and I also don't care if they don't have the HD DVR yet.

I am in the Cincinnati market. I just noticed that on my guide that I have for my locals channel 12, 12-1, 12-2 , 19 WXIXdt And the other locals have the channel # and 1 2 or 3 etc next to them. No picture just a black screen. Does this mean Cincinnati will be available soon? Any dates if that is what it means?

if i'm in the edge of the pittsburgh market (northern WV) and i automatically qualified for DNS 2-3 years ago (and thus automatically got the HD versions when they were launched) b/c i'm way too far from the x-mitters, would buying an MPEG4 capable reciever cause me to loose my HD DNS feeds? I need the HDDNS feeds for the HR10250 to record all my season passes in HD. i wouldn't mind loosing the DNS feeds as much if they had a MPEG HD DVR... but until then I MUST have HD DNS... should i just wait out the HD DVR?

I was assured that I would NOT lose my HD DNS channels.
Now, I have:
HD DNS from NY.
HD locals from Columbus.
SD DNS from LA and NY.

jabroni said:
Now, I have:
HD DNS from NY.
HD locals from Columbus.
SD DNS from LA and NY.

ya, i read that you were allowed to keep yours on DBStalk.... but aren't most people loosing DNS when adding LIL? how did you get DNS... were you part of the O&O club, did you obtain actual waivers from each station and have them on file with D* or are you grandfathered from the old "white area"?

jabroni said:
Now, I have:
HD DNS from NY.
HD locals from Columbus.
SD DNS from LA and NY.

how the hell did you pull this?

RIRWIN1983 said:
how the hell did you pull this?

There is nothing in SHVERA that precludes me from having all these channels and in fact, I should have LA HD channels, but Direct stopped them.

I have four current, active waivers from the Columbus network affiliates and have had them in place for over two years.

I live 45 miles from the Columbus towers in a condo and cannot erect a tower, even though I would like that, so I presume this is why they granted the waivers...although I did have to call the station managers and techs for a couple of them.

DirecTV is delivering local HD programming to customers in the Fresno, Calif., DMA. Offerings include KFSN/ABC and KGPE/CBS. The satellite TV company said it's in discussions with the owners of the NBC and FOX affiliates and hopes to add the stations in the near future.

Thanks newshawk. BTW, how do I tell when they do go live? I have locals via OTA (but looking to dump the antenna). Since the OTAs show on the guide as 2-1 or 6-1, etc. will the D* locals be listed separately on the guide, will they take over the slots where my OTA locals are listed, or will it be something else?

Thanks.

Gator5000e said:
Thanks newshawk. BTW, how do I tell when they do go live? I have locals via OTA (but looking to dump the antenna). Since the OTAs show on the guide as 2-1 or 6-1, etc. will the D* locals be listed separately on the guide, will they take over the slots where my OTA locals are listed, or will it be something else?

Thanks.

IIRC, another poster said they use their analog number with the D* logo next to them in the guide.

FYI - You'll only get the main sub channels for the big 4 over the dish, if you watch any sub channels or other networks, you'll still need the antenna for now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)