HD locals added on 4/19/06

Status
Please reply by conversation.
syphix said:
They've started...NBC-HD has appeared, just waiting for the other three....:) Full 1080i glory (although they are not showing anything HD at the moment...;))!

And here's the kicker: I still get no signal on 103, yet 99-100% on transponders 22 & 30 on sat 99. Are these coming off Spaceway 2???

Apparently, if your getting no signal on 103.

Had to leave for work before any others came on..

I get off work early today, though, so I'll be able to see if they all appear by early afternoon.

Still interesting that they're coming off Spaceway 2 already...

Nashville HD locals are on now.Signals are coming from the 99 (Network 11) bird,TP3:70 and TP7:67 currently.No signals coming from the 103 bird at all.We are getting 4 network channels (NBC,FOX,CBS and ABC...PBS not available in HD in this area).PQ and audio are coming through fine.No issues with pic freeze or lip sync.:up :D

Last edited:
Are all of the new locals on SW2? Lyngsat isn't updated yet.

According to D*'s website, Columbus doesn't have CBS, Sacramento doesn't have Fox, and San Diego doesn't have CBS or Fox. All the other locals should be up.

same #

hdtvtechno said:
Yup same channel # as analog locals :)
they are same but on the hd channel on the guide in the upper right hand coner it will say english 1 DD
Pittsburgh just went on this morning

Has anyone compared the PQ between D*s HD locals and their OTA (if available)?There is basically no difference between the two in my area (Nashville).D*s looks just as good,if not better than our OTA reception.:up :)

charper1 said:
Well 4 - 6 more hours, give or take, if the 19th holds true. Please put all new HD LIL in this thread. To keep it all consolidated and easy to read.
--------------
May I suggest that if we keep all discussions to this thread, that the title be
changed to "H/D locals added on 4/19/06" or some such, so as to avoid any
confusion with the current title? Also may want to sticky it as well?

All of the "Big 4" networks are up and running in Minneapolis. A bit of a lip sync problem on my H20 (600), though...hope they fix that. It's not bad, just a little noticable.

All 4 networks are still going fine in the Nashville area...No pic freeze,no lip sync issues...We have 2 of the 600 series H20s (LG?),haven't had any issues with them yet.

Why the heck is there no FOX in Sacramento? :confused:

It's bad enough that we don't get UPN or WB. But I guess it doesn't really matter to me yet because I'm holding off on DirecTV's HD service until they come out with the new HD-DVR and they work out all the bugs. And then once they do all that I have to convince my wife to allow us to switch from our current Tivo model, which she loves. No more wishlists, etc. So I guess I'm looking at 2008 or so. Maybe by then D* will have all the locals.

well charper,

they did well my friend. lets hope this is the start of something great at directv. two more boeing sats to go. this is going to get better and better.

Yep, my metro area will be next month if the dates hold true. Are you planning a night (or week) of primetime network HD viewing?

Call me the pessimist (or biased because NY has been available for so long...)

I'm not going to go bananas until one of the following starts happening:

1) Non "big 4" channels
2) RSN's (where applicable cable monopolies don't apply)
3) Neighboring locals allow multiple HD feeds

no hd yet. maybe in a month , had some irs problems, all have been resolved, looking at $7900.00 back for last 3 years. yep dragon is happy!! LOL

So, the only way to see these new HD LiL channels is with an AT9 and an H20, right? Is D* offering any upgrade specials? I'll probably wait for the HR20 but it's tempting to jump in now that I know the locals are up. With no DVR capability though I'm not sure how much I'd watch them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)