HD Locals In Milwaukee, WI Finally

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PhoneMan

Original poster
Apr 28, 2006
It is truely an AMAZING DAY in the State of Wisconsin!! Only 2 1/2 years after I was promised locals in Hi-Def they have finally Arrived!! Technology in the works. Know all we need is the networks to start broadcasting the programming in Hi-Def as well.

The next promise that was made to me by the retention department was an addittional 150 hi-def channel over the next 12 months. I wonder if I should hold my breath for that!

It's amazing how the small things in life excite us, Just like Christmas In May,lol.

:)

PhoneMan said:
Only 2 1/2 years after I was promised locals in Hi-Def they have finally Arrived!!

LOL! When was this in 2003/4? I remember them planning ambitious additions, but ONLY AFTER the Spaceway system was deployed; which has just recently and partially happened, and only a few months behind thanks to the launch facility, and there are more birds coming, so it isn't even fully completed yet, but back on sched.

The next promise that was made to me by the retention department was an addittional 150 hi-def channel over the next 12 months. :)

As DirecTV has stated in numerous communications and publications, the 1500 LIL HD & 150 national HD is the TOTAL CAPACITY of the system, not how many channels you will have today, next month, or by the end of 2006.

Last edited:
New install next week

I am moving into a new home next week friday and will have D* installed on that day. Does anyone live in Kewaskum, WI and receive HD OTA? I'm curious if it's easy. Kewaskum is 30 miles from Milwaukee

I know about that site, when you put in my address it says I can't receive anyhing

WI ZIP 53040

There are no digital stations predicted to serve this location.

I was hoping for first-hand experience

Try this information:

Call Sign-----Channel-----Network-----City/State-----Heading-----Distance-----Freq
*WJJA-DT 48 IND RACINE WI TBD 130° 36.4 48
WCGV-DT 24.1 UPN MILWAUKEE WI 130° 36.05 25
WPXE-DT 55.1 IND KENOSHA WI 130° 36.0 40
WVCY-DT 30.1 REL MILWAUKEE WI 130° 36.0 22
WVTV-DT 18.1 WB MILWAUKEE WI 130° 36.0 61
+WMVS-DT 10.1 PBS MILWAUKEE WI 130° 36.0 8
WMVT-DT 36.1 PBS MILWAUKEE WI 130° 36.0 35
WISN-DT 12.1 ABC MILWAUKEE WI 129° 33.5 34
WITI-DT 6.1 FOX MILWAUKEE WI 123° 31.0 33
WTMJ-DT 4.1 NBC MILWAUKEE WI 130° 36.2 28
WDJT-DT 58.1 CBS MILWAUKEE WI 129° 33.5 46

+VHF
*NOT ONLINE

These would be great antennas to seek out IMHO:

Winegard HD 8200P
Winegard PR 7042
Winegard PR 7052
Channel Master CM 3678
Channel Master CM 4242

Last edited:
Milwaukee12 said:
Actually WJJA-DT is now online as of a week or two ago. I have been trying to do rescans but their signal is so weak.

I have a question before I go further. Can I suggest another forum here in the Milwaukee area?

Sure you can. :D

See you there.

jstaffin said:
I am moving into a new home next week friday and will have D* installed on that day. Does anyone live in Kewaskum, WI and receive HD OTA? I'm curious if it's easy. Kewaskum is 30 miles from Milwaukee

I suggest then that you go to MilwuakeeHDTV.org. There you will find all kinds of information on every tv station in the Miwlaukee area. Plus they have links to maps of station coverage.

I just talked to D* to get setup for the install of new equipment and they are telling me I have pay 99$ for the reciever swap. I have the old H10 which I paid 300$ for not even a year ago yet. What the hell is that? So in a years time I will have spent 400$ on a single reciever....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts