HD Locals in San Antonio

Yes. Since about 4 or 5 p.m. tuesday I have lost a lot of channels. everything off of SAT 129 and some other channels off of 110 and 119. My DISH is covered in ice. I am still getting all the locals and a few other channels. I would think once things melt we will be ok again. At least I hope so.

Woai (nbc Hd)

Does anyone know why it is taking DISH so long to come to an agreement with WOAI here? I have emailed WOAI and they dont even bother to email me back which really pisses me off. I also emailed DISH and just got a standard pat answer you usually get from them that it is not available and dont know when it will be. I am really starting to reconsider going back to TWC wh my contract is up if they get ESPN 2 HD and NFL Network HD by next FEB. when my contract is up. TWC recently added FOX in HD so they now have all the locals and DISH still does not.

Last edited:
Any word on WOAI in HD?? NBC Sunday night football is going to suck for another season unless DISH can get an agreement. TWC, DTV, and AT&T Uverse ALL have WOAI in HDTV.

Any word on WOAI in HD?? NBC Sunday night football is going to suck for another season unless DISH can get an agreement. TWC, DTV, and AT&T Uverse ALL have WOAI in HDTV.

I have emailed DISH as well as WOAI. I encourage you to do also. I know a few others have as well. All I know is the standard answer that they are still working on it and hope to have it soon. Over at AVS forum there is info on a lady at DISH that some have contacted. I am hoping that with the change in WOAI ownership soon things will work out.

Another San Antonian chiming in. After months of waiting, I got tired of wishing this HD stalemate would resolve itself and I decided to add a D* subscription to my E* subscription. In fact the installer visited my home last week. I was going to add D* at some point because I wanted an NFL ST subscription, but this OAI issue really sped things up. I sent several e-mails to OAI months ago and got no reply. I was peeved; at least someone there could've replied back. So much for customer satisfaction and service. I too hope that with the new managment coming in this situation will be taken care of sooner rather than later. As always, dollars and cents are at the root of tiffs like this. I agree with jmjunkin; keep writing OAI and Dish and let them know that this pissing contest, happening in a major TV market no less, is from a viewer and subscriber standpoint, unacceptable. :mad:

Has anyone else been having trouble with KSAT lately? I am having issues with the sound dropping out and lots of blocking. I haven't noticed it with any other channels.

I do have an OTA antenna - and it is also having the same issues.

If anyone can help me figure this out I would GREATLY appreciate it.

I just read where the sale of Clear Channel TV stations which includes WOAI now has been completed. Maybe now DISH can come to an agreement with the new owners over HD carriage of WOAI.

Any word on NBC HD. football season is almost here and i refuse to go another season with out Sunday night football in HD. Especially now since I primarily watch Sunday night football more than Monday night football.

time warner, Direct TV, and AT&T Uverse ALL carry NBC in HD. With no NBC and lack of Spike HD, Direct TV is looking REALLY good right now. I will wait until early august before I switch.

What part of town do you live in? I live off of 1604 and Judson and all I need is an Over the air antenna that I bought at Wal-mart for $20. I have it on my entertainment center and I am able to connect it to the 722 receiver and pull in WOAI and the channel guide 004-01.

I live in Stone oak, but at the bottom of a hill in my neighborhood. when I lived in an apartment off 281/Evans I bought a $60 amplified Terk antenna, and it worked fine. I finished building my house, and i even went and bought the $125 amplified outdoor Terk directional antenna, and still get dropped signals. This is a top 10 city in america, and TWC, Direct TV, and AT&T have had this channel for a long time.

Terk - Outdoor Amplified HDTV Antenna - HDTVO

I live in Timberwood Park which is farther than Stone Oak by just a tad bit and I use a Terk Amplified Indoor Antenna and get WOAI at a range from 60- 70 on my 622. It only drops once in a while when the signal drops to below 60. I also live at the bottom of a hill. I do agree there is no reason for DISH not to have WOAI HD when the others do. I did contact the new station ownership and they said they are now in discussions with DISH so let us hope for the best.

I just called DISH and complained and sent in a complaint via "Charlie Chat"
located in DISH's FAQs.

Here is a comment from someone at WOAI:

"The problem is Dish does not carry our HD signal.
Our "HD" signal is carried on Direct-TV. Time Warner, Grande Cable, GVTC and several other cable companies. For months, our parent company has been trying to get Dish Network to carry our "HD" channel. Unfortunatley, they haven't made our "HD" available.
We would encourage you to contact Dish directly at 1-888-284-7116 and let them know that you want to receive WOAI's "HD" channel."

The DISH rep I talked to seemed very aware of the situation and admitted DISH was losing some customers because of it and said she would pass on my comments to higher ups.

Numbers matter, so please call DISH and complain via Charlie Chat too.

As for me, I'm about 2 months from switching to either Direct or shudder TWC.

Trev

Last edited:
anyword on the WOAI thing?

I spoke to a tech support rep the other day and asked about it. Her response was totally canned and offered no insight.

quite frustrating on sunday nights. I get it OTA in the living room, but in the bed room I don't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)