HD locals Paducah, KY

wcat98

Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
West KY
I have anxiously been watching the uplink threads for any HD locals for the Paducah, KY DMA. I really expected to see them show up last week in order for them to be tested to be available on November 4th. Anyone have news on this. I'm seriously going to consider switching if they can't hit this date. They already busted the 9/30 date given on the retailers chat. Surely they won't fly by this one too. I believe this January Direct will have had HD locals in my market for two years. Not a good way for Dish to keep their customers.

I have anxiously been watching the uplink threads for any HD locals for the Paducah, KY DMA. I really expected to see them show up last week in order for them to be tested to be available on November 4th. Anyone have news on this. I'm seriously going to consider switching if they can't hit this date. They already busted the 9/30 date given on the retailers chat. Surely they won't fly by this one too. I believe this January Direct will have had HD locals in my market for two years. Not a good way for Dish to keep their customers.

There's always "moving" instead of waiting... then combine that with OTA too.

They, along with my Davenport locals, are to go live the 11th now.

The retailer chat said 77W for the QC and Paducah. I don't remember of they said any sat for Evansville. Wouldn't surprise me if it's 77W for Evansville also.

I sure hope they don't choose 77W for Evansville. I believe Digiblur said 129 TP 17 was open and appeared to cover us well.

I sure hope they don't choose 77W for Evansville. I believe Digiblur said 129 TP 17 was open and appeared to cover us well.

Ewwww.... totally missed that one. Correct 17 is open on that beam in the area...but 17 is being used for national HD channels, not spotbeams. So it probably will be on EA.

Ewwww.... totally missed that one. Correct 17 is open on that beam in the area...but 17 is being used for national HD channels, not spotbeams. So it probably will be on EA.

Awww... That bites. It's going to be hard to get LOS for 77W. Too many trees in the way and they aren't my trees.

Will Dish come out and setup a new wing for EA if it is needed to get Evansville HD locals? Will they charge me for this?

heres some more bad news...
i cut this straight from the dn retailer site.....
oh well - we all knew it was possible

HD Local Launch Delayed The launch of the Davenport, Iowa; Paducah, Kentucky; and Evansville, Indiana HD locals that were scheduled for later this month have been delayed until further notice. Please look for additional information in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts