HD Locals...

thestaton

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
Right now I have time warner and this is the biggest joke in the world. I think it's 7 HD channels for 15 dollars a month. That only includes 2 of my locals in HD. The other 2 I can pick up with an OTA no problem.

I know with directv it's a big deal and I have to go through waivers to get the other 2 in HD. At the moment dish nor directv offer my current locals in HD so I'd have to get the national channels.

So my question is what procedure does dish use? I was really leaning towards direct for the sunday ticket but if I can just get my locals & espn in HD that'll pretty much cover my need for football and I can do without it.

Also is there any word when Lexington, KY locals will go live in HD for Dish or Direct?

Right now I have time warner and this is the biggest joke in the world. I think it's 7 HD channels for 15 dollars a month. That only includes 2 of my locals in HD. The other 2 I can pick up with an OTA no problem.

I know with directv it's a big deal and I have to go through waivers to get the other 2 in HD. At the moment dish nor directv offer my current locals in HD so I'd have to get the national channels.

So my question is what procedure does dish use? I was really leaning towards direct for the sunday ticket but if I can just get my locals & espn in HD that'll pretty much cover my need for football and I can do without it.

Also is there any word when Lexington, KY locals will go live in HD for Dish or Direct?

It's not the end of the world. Can you receive your HD locals with a powered antenna (rabbit ears)? I bet you can.

Time Warner in Austin doesn't even retransmit all of the HD locals. Dish doesn't carry any of the HD locals. However, i plug rabbit ears into my 622 and voila--locals in FULL (not hd-lite) HD. I get program guides, but I'm not even charged for the standard def locals anymore, since they don't carry Austin HD locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts