HD Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Madtown HD Junkie

Occasional Supreme Being
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 3, 2004
Madison, WI
I was skeptical of the quality of getting my locals via sat instead of OTA. Having watched some TV today after the installers left I must admit the PQ via sat is really good! And I would say better via Sat.
I am pleasantly surprised. Even my wife could notice the difference.
Good Job D*. And I love the number of HD channels.:up:up

Really Madtown? I think my locals look like crap via sat, but I don't watch them anyway. I only watch a couple of network programs on CBS and I have a waiver for that. So I get ABC and CBS from New York in HD and they look great so I'm happy.

Direct doesn't have HD locals in my area yet.

really...i swear. I always got blocking on local cbs 3.1 and now it is much crisper. My wife watched dancing with stars last night and she asked if i did something to the TV because she thought it was more vivid colors and a "cleaner" picture.

It could be all locals around here all have sub channels, with PBS having 5! But so far I am very happy and surprised.

Really Madtown? I think my locals look like crap via sat, but I don't watch them anyway. I only watch a couple of network programs on CBS and I have a waiver for that. So I get ABC and CBS from New York in HD and they look great so I'm happy.

Direct doesn't have HD locals in my area yet.

You are watching the HD DNS feeds, which are MPEG2. This is the older HD compression and doesn't look near as good as the MPEG4. Some have used the term HD-Lite to describe the MPEG2.

The new MPEG4 channels look spectacular, and is very tough to tell the difference between them and the OTA stations direct.

The one major differene - hard drive space - MPEG4 looks better and uses approximately half the storage space.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)