hd locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

carlosg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
would it be worth buying an hd receiver from direct tv because with voom i was not able to pick up locals with an off air antenna so would it be the same with direct tv?

I have the Hughes HTL-HD, and an OTA antenna installed for my locals. If you can't get your locals with the V* receiver, you will not be able to get them with your D* HD receiver.

HD locals should be available as early as next year. Check the other threads on HD locals on D*.

carlosg said:
would it be worth buying an hd receiver from direct tv because with voom i was not able to pick up locals with an off air antenna so would it be the same with direct tv?

Like Kryten said you still need an OTA antenna for HD locals for both DirecTV and Dish Network. Right now only cable is providing HD locals without needing an OTA antenna. Also be aware that DirecTV will only be offering HD locals in the top 30-35 markets around summertime of 2005 but they should also be launching another satellite that should be ready to go towards the end of 2005 that should provide at least another 30 markets and could be even more than that.

Also Voom is planning at least on paper to launch some satellites to offer HD locals but when and it what markets is unknown at this time but DirecTV has said in many press releases and such that the top 30 markets HD locals would be offered to customers around summer. The latest thing I've heard is that customers would actually be able to watch them sometime in the 3rd quarter of 2005 towards the start of it as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)