HD Mapdown

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcoppola

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Charleston, SC
I apologize if this was mentioned last month during the upgrades. Is there a way that the SD stations that have HD mapped to their channel locations be made to appear without the SD option to tune to? In the guide I can show all SUB, all Channels and all HD but no option that I can find that will show all SUB with HD eliminating the SD counterpart. I for one would never want to watch the SD version or DVR it if the HD is available.

It really bugs me to see my wife watching her show in SD when if she tuned to the next channel up it would be HD. With the new channels comming next month this is going to get really confusing to the Mrs.:D

Thanks,

John

Nope, just tried it. If you choose HD priority it still shows the SD mirror channel in the guide. I'm looking to totally eliminate the SD version in the guide if the HD is available.

Nope, just tried it. If you choose HD priority it still shows the SD mirror channel in the guide. I'm looking to totally eliminate the SD version in the guide if the HD is available.

Weird, I set HD Priority and the sd versions of the HD locals supplied by Dish are gone, the balance of the sd locals are still there. What exactly do you want your guide to show?

He is wanting, for example, to only have Food HD, not Food SD in the guide.

I long ago abandoned the "built in" guides & made my own favorite EPG that has all the "real" channels, with no shopping/religious/PI that we don't watch. That way, I can tailor this kind of stuff. Can have the HD and SD where the schedules are not identical, but only the HD version where the are identical.

Go to menu/locks.. channels.. Check the channels you don't want to see.. Check the option to hide locked channels.. Lock the system with password.. And now you don't ever see those pesky channels again.

Go to menu/locks.. channels.. Check the channels you don't want to see.. Check the option to hide locked channels.. Lock the system with password.. And now you don't ever see those pesky channels again.
What he said :) I discovered this yesterday and got rid of all the redundant HD channels in the 300 range showing up in my "HD Lineup". Also go rid of a bunch of other crappy channels I never want to see on my TV.

On a side note related to the original post, why is it our wives are the ones who will always tune to an SD channel and never realize they aren't watching HD? My wife does it all the time, and it drives me crazy. She says "there's no difference". What's up with that? Did God not program their eyes and brains to see such details? Perhaps not...if she actually saw all my flaws, she'd been gone years ago :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)