HD Moving.

strak82

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Maine
So I've been frustrating myself all week with 1000.4 trying to get a better signal on some 61.5 transponders here in northern Maine (HBO 2 HD, HBOZ HD, etc have a signal of around 15),but I've been reading that these channels are possibly moving to 72, is this true? If someone can confirm this I'll be elated, since I get a decent signal on all transponders on sat 72 (around 40 or so). Thanks everyone.

Are they coming in clearly? If they are don't worry. My installer told me that with the EARC, sifnal levels would be lower, but as long as them came in, it was no problem.

A signal level of 15 is really not a good signal level, unless it's measured in the middle of a storm.

A signal level of 15 is really not a good signal level, unless it's measured in the middle of a storm.

JIM is right. Most likely your skew or something is off on your dish. Sometimes the mast doesn't get cometly tightened at the install and may slip and cause this.

I was just checking, I get 40 on almost every channel with the exception of transponder 28 on 61.5, (which is about 15), which is why I was wondering if HBO was moving to 72. I suppose it could be a sat pointing issue though.

There's no scheduled move that I'm aware of. Signal strength averages from the Bangor, ME DMA:
Transponder 10 - 51
14 - 58
29 - 54
31 - 49

Portland, ME averages are pretty close to this also. Keep in mind these are averages, and you may not get that high on signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)