HD NET-NHL Coverage

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Domf3962

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Whats up all. I am just curious if HD net will show any NHL games in HD this year. I did nto have HD net two seasons ago. So I am not sure if they had any games on HD net. I know INHD will show some games on cable this year.

I am hoping they are. Never saw a NHL game in HD. Is there a web site that can let me know if HD has any intentions in showing the NHL this year. :)

Hey guy's ,
Here is a quote straight from Mark Cuban.
I email this morning and got a response

We will have the NHL in HD on HDNet this year

Watch for the sched in September
m

Jimbo

I also saw promos on the channel during MLS games taking about the return of NHL on HDNet. So you bet its gonna be on! The NHL wants HD and HDNet partnership has been good over the years. There is no way the NHL would miss another outlet to showcase the sport in HD.

Brewer4 said:
I also saw promos on the channel during MLS games taking about the return of NHL on HDNet. So you bet its gonna be on! The NHL wants HD and HDNet partnership has been good over the years. There is no way the NHL would miss another outlet to showcase the sport in HD.

Thats awesome. I agree the NHL needs all the exposure they can get.

I have seen NHL in HD on HDNet and it is by far the sport that benefits the most from HD. Further, HDNet's coverage is very good.

Hd Nhl

Did any of you see the NHL Stanley Cup Finals the year before last ???
They were in HD on ABC
Pretty nice when done right.

jimbo

Jimbos said:
Hey guy's ,
Here is a quote straight from Mark Cuban.
I email this morning and got a response

We will have the NHL in HD on HDNet this year

Watch for the sched in September
m

Jimbo

That is good news, they did a great job on coverage, during the 03-04 season. I subscribe to the Center Ice package and this just enhances it even more. I hope they put some of the Center Ice games in HD, like they do other sports.

lou_do,

I did not have HDNET until now, but I have seen the channel, mostly at the A/V store I frequient, it seemed to me that the only hockey I saw was the Dallas Stars (would make sense, seeing Mr Cuban owns it)
Also it always seemed to be replays, not live, could be a timing issue i guess.

Was there any other hokey on it, on a regular basis ?

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
lou_do,

I did not have HDNET until now, but I have seen the channel, mostly at the A/V store I frequient, it seemed to me that the only hockey I saw was the Dallas Stars (would make sense, seeing Mr Cuban owns it)

Jimbo

Mark Cuban owns the Dallas Mavericks NBA team, Tom Hicks owns the Dallas Stars and Texas Rangers baseball team (probably wishes he didn't with the way the Rangers are playing now)!!!!

Jimbos said:
lou_do,

Jimbo

They had games on live, I have the Center Ice package and would go to HD-Net to watch the game, instead of Center Ice. If I remember correctly they would sometime re-broadcast the games, again at a different time. Like they do MLS and the Busch North & West NASCAR races.

One thing that was neat about the HD-Net broadcasts in 2003-2004, usually in, I think it was, the third period, they would do no announcing for a while and all you heard was the ice noise. The players calling out plays, skates on the ice, checks against the boards, pucks hitting the boards, etc. It was totally different.

I just wish that HD-Net would carry some of the CBC Saturday Night In Canada, games. Love to hear Don Cherry and his comments.

I never followed MLS till they started putting it on HD-Net. Guess the HD makes the game a little more interesting.

lou_do said:
I never followed MLS till they started putting it on HD-Net. Guess the HD makes the game a little more interesting.

For me, not even HD could make soccer interesting.

Jimbos said:
Pete In Plano,

My mistake, I knew that.
But he is in Dallas so maybe he worked something out with Hicks.

Jimbo
Actually, I was kinda hoping he would show the Stars in HD as well!!

Pete In Plano said:
Actually, I was kinda hoping he would show the Stars in HD as well!!

Two years ago they had different teams, from all over. Yes they did have some of the Stars games on. I remember a lot of Vancouver games also. Hope they have some Panther games this time around.

Now see guys, when I was able to see HDNET prweviously, and hockey was on it WAS always Dallas, of course it could have been a repeats I saw.

It would also be nice to see the REPEAT logo if it is one.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Now see guys, when I was able to see HDNET prweviously, and hockey was on it WAS always Dallas, of course it could have been a repeats I saw.

It would also be nice to see the REPEAT logo if it is one.

Jimbo

I know with most of the HDNet programing they will show it with "Live" at the end of the description of the programing, when it is live. Look at tomorrow night "Busch North Race", at 8:00 PM and see what I mean.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts