HD Nets That Are Available Nationwide?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DJ Rob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Denver, Colorado
We are looking into traveling across the US later this summer in an RV and I wanted to bring one of my Directv receivers along with an HD flatscreen. Is there an NBC, ABC and CBS in HD that is available conus that I could somehow switch to for about a month or two? I'm assuming that my current Denver stations are on a spotbeam.

We are looking into traveling across the US later this summer in an RV and I wanted to bring one of my Directv receivers along with an HD flatscreen. Is there an NBC, ABC and CBS in HD that is available conus that I could somehow switch to for about a month or two? I'm assuming that my current Denver stations are on a spotbeam.

If your service address is in the NY or LA dma, then you can get them in hd, or if you have your account designated as an rv type. I don't know what it is called, but you get either the NY or LA stations that way.

Man, they made it complicated. It looks like they want you to sign up for an RV account and it won't work if I'm renting the RV. :(

What if I just "move"?

I have an RV but do not take it cross country. HD in an RV is more difficult that doing SD by a factor of 4 IMHO. Unless your flatscreen is bigger than 32" just go with a simple SD setup and use antenna for the locals. Not the perfect answer but MUCH simpler. HTH. :cool:

I'm going to be using a 40" LCD and would really like to get HD. And I'm able to aim a Slimline pretty quickly. I went out and practiced with my Acutrac 22 and III meters. :D

Can anyone confirm that LA or NY locals in HD are conus? I know that they offer them conus as DNS but I'm not sure if it is the same signal as the local service.

I was afraid of that. I was hoping they were only uplinking one set instead of one conus and one on a spotbeam.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts