HD Newbie installation Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

greddy09sc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
I have successfully installed multiple satellites and receivers from direct tv before. But never installed HD receivers or with the new 5 LNB dish.

My dish have 4 coaxial coming out of the 3 LNB's. Do I need to hook up all 4 coaxial to a splitter?

Or do i only need to hook up one of the coaxial straight to the reciever? If so, which one of the 4 coaxial do i use.

I am going to be using only ONE HD DVR. HR20-100s

Any response would be appreciated.

No splitters.

For a DVR, you will need to run two lines from the dish to the receiver, with no splitters in line.

While the basics of installing a 3 LNB dish and a 5 LNB dish are the same, the 5 LNB is a different beast with it's own problems - the most notable is being it's size and weight. In addition, fine tuning the dish is something that must also be done.

Pick a good, solid mounting location that will allow you to secure the dish to studs. Brace the dish using monopoles after you make sure the mast is perfectly plumb. Fine tune it in accordance with the enclosed instructions.

I have successfully installed multiple satellites and receivers from direct tv before. But never installed HD receivers or with the new 5 LNB dish.

My dish have 4 coaxial coming out of the 3 LNB's. Do I need to hook up all 4 coaxial to a splitter?

Or do i only need to hook up one of the coaxial straight to the reciever? If so, which one of the 4 coaxial do i use.

I am going to be using only ONE HD DVR. HR20-100s

Any response would be appreciated.

You can run up to four lines from the built in multiswitch in the dish. If you need more, then you MUST run four lines from the dish to a 6x8 multiswitch. The 4x8 type will not work. You can use just one line for a receiver, or just two for a dvr.

Thanks for the reply guys.

So basically I need 2 lines out of 4 from my ka/ku AT9 dish to my HDDVR. Does it matter which 2 of the four? or any of the two will work?

Just for grinns....

If you run only one line instead of two. You'll still be able to watch all the HD channels correct?

The 2nd line is for recording while watching a different channel at the same time. That's my guess. :rolleyes:

Just for grinns....

If you run only one line instead of two. You'll still be able to watch all the HD channels correct?

The 2nd line is for recording while watching a different channel at the same time. That's my guess. :rolleyes:

that's correct. or record 2 shows at same time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)