HD on 1.2M miniBUD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

funkypc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 29, 2008
North America
I have a question. I know a lot of the HD sports feeds are on Cband. How much HD stuff can be found and locked on a 1.2M offset Cband setup? I have access to a plethora of 10 ft mesh dishes, but unfortunately cannot put them up on my yard so a 1.2m offset is my best option for Cband.
I was trying to search on the subject, but I couldn't find much data.
Also if someone could comment on, DVBS2, 8psk, and 4:2:2.
Thankyou

I doubt most of the c-band HD signals would be receiveable with a 1.2m.
those can be weak on larger dishes. I have a well tuned 10' dish and a couple of them only come in around 50% quality or so.

I doubt a 1.2m would even know the signal was there.

Can anyone who has a 1.2M dish for Cband comment?
I do understand a 10ft solid prime focus dish would be better. Unfortunately that cannot fit on my yard.

On my 6 footer its tough to get HD. Sports feeds can be tough...even the stuff that is up 24/7 can be tricky

A lot of times on my 8 footer I will only get about 7 to 8db s/n ratio on HD sports feeds, which isn't much link margin. My dish is twice the dimensions and has probably 4 times more surface area than a 1.2 meter, not to mention the 1.2 meter will have a tremendous amount more adjacent satellite interference.

Its possible but your not going to like the breakups due to interference of nearby satellites.

Using a 39 inch offset dish with some results.

I really didnt try last year for CFB but when I did it was hit & miss. Really depends on how much power they are putting out.

But I do remember NOT being disappointed with the amount of HD feeds I could see with the 6 footer :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts