HD "only" package ($29.95) ??

I know you can get the premium movie channels and Encore package, but what other programming packages are available with HD-only?
Essentially anything that is available a la carte with AT100.
Locals, International channels, Baby First TV, Bloomberg TV, Adult Channels, Outdoor Channel, RFD TV. I can't think of any else off the top of my head.

What is the Public Interest Package?
Free Public Interest Programming Package

---Sports RSNs absolutely, positively, without any exception require a minimum of AT100PLUS to get.

See ya
Tony

Well I found out that 29.95 mis a bit misleading. It is 29.95 plus 4.95 (locals) plus 4.95 (Home Protection) plus 4.95 (DVR) plus 4.95 (622 lease charge). Needless to say, don't expect your bill to just be 29.95. Come on DNS waivers.

Thanks for the info.

P.S. I used the on-line chat function to ask about the Public Interest Package and was told it was only available with certain locals and not in the San Francisco DMA.

Well I found out that 29.95 mis a bit misleading. It is 29.95 plus 4.95 (locals) plus 4.95 (Home Protection) plus 4.95 (DVR) plus 4.95 (622 lease charge). Needless to say, don't expect your bill to just be 29.95. Come on DNS waivers.

Your post is misleading. Several of the charges you list are NOT the kind that EVERYONE will pay. In fact, a few of them are charges MOST of us will NOT pay. Let's take a look at your "facts":

29.95 hd package....WRONG..........it's $29.99
4.95 locals..OPTIONAL (but most of us want it for the EPG)

HD package+locals = $34.99

$4.95 Home protection.........WHO PAYS FOR THIS??? Seriously....
$4.95 DVR.....WRONG.....correct dvr fee=$5.98
$4.95 Lease charge....again, WRONG. You do NOT pay this fee on your first STB.

If you only have one 622, you monthly price is: $40.97.

What is the NORMAL direct bill for one STB,DVR fee+basic package with HD??

I don't know, and don't care........but I KNOW it's MORE than $40.97/mo (granted, currently direct get more HD, BUT if charlie can hold the HD ONLY package price to 29.99/mo, we've got direct BEAT BAD when the hd starts flowing SOON)

Ok, so I couldn't help myself......

The REGULAR monthly price for the basic direct package+HD+locals+DVR fee = $72.99/mo. (that's AFTER the 12mo promotional rate).

So........

$40.97 vs $72.99 Which would you rather pay?

Again, this comparison isn't really a good one NOW, given the dozen plus hd channels I/WE WANT dish to add SOON.

However if DISH does add most/all of these channels this year and does NOT raise the hd only package price....UM, suck it directv.

$32/mo x 12mo's= $384 Savings every year with dish!!

The REGULAR monthly price for the basic direct package+HD+locals+DVR fee = $72.99/mo. (that's AFTER the 12mo promotional rate).

So........

Again, this comparison isn't really a good one NOW, given the dozen plus hd channels I/WE WANT dish to add SOON.

However if DISH does add most/all of these channels this year and does NOT raise the hd only package price....UM, suck it directv.

Yes but you also get all of this DIRECTV - Package Choices
Not just this!
DISH Network -- Dish HD

What part of the above did you not understand?

UM, suck it directv.

I understand all of this!

Um, ok. So everybody BUT hemi, take a look at the current prices and ask yourself which you would rather have once: scifiHD,usaHD,disneyHD,nickHD,espn newsHD,etc are added.

Compare, not compair.

Well once you get them, I guess we will all find out the answer to what we all would rather have. Untill then I'll spend my $72.99 and watch ScifiHD,UsaHD,DisneyHD,ToonHD,NickHD,ToonDisneyHD,
ESPNewsHD,MTVHD,VH1,CMT,SpikeHD,FXHD,SpeedHD,YESHD,BIOHD,BravoHD,
CNBCHD,FBNHD,CNNHD,FuelHD,CNNHD BIG10HD,TennisHD,SNYHD, FSNHD and much much More!

This is not the DirecTV vs Dish war forum. If you want to argue about whose got the larger johnosn, do it there. Do not highjack this thread

P.S. I used the on-line chat function to ask about the Public Interest Package and was told it was only available with certain locals and not in the San Francisco DMA.

redwoodman, the person you chatted with is confused. The Free PI pack is available ANYWHERE in the US by FCC regulation.

The problem may be with V-Me TV which has an OTA affiliate in San Fran. But that should not block you from getting the rest of the channels

See ya
Tony

This is not the DirecTV vs Dish war forum. If you want to argue about whose got the larger johnosn, do it there. Do not highjack this thread

redwoodman, the person you chatted with is confused. The Free PI pack is available ANYWHERE in the US by FCC regulation.

The problem may be with V-Me TV which has an OTA affiliate in San Fran. But that should not block you from getting the rest of the channels

See ya
Tony
Sorry Tony :) just got carried away.!

Well, of the ones you've listed, channels I WANT are: ScifiHD,UsaHD,DisneyHD,ToonHD,NickHD,ToonDisneyHD,
ESPNewsHD,FXHD,SpeedHD,CNNHD. I know we all have our own personal list of "wants" and "don't care", but I figure the average number of hd nationals most dish hd enthusiasts wish they had to be around 6. If you look at the current $32/mo difference, that would be about $5 per channel....not a price I am will to pay. I am happy to sit tight and have PATIENCE. After all, Summer is coming....a time to go outside. Before we know it Fall will be here and dish will be essentially equal to direct in the world of HD.

That doesn't make any sense to me. The public interest package channels are national - not local channels.

Here's the channel lineup: Free Public Interest Programming Package

I'd suggest playing CSR roulette and give it another try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)