HD Only Package (denied)

I used the online chat service and was switched over in less than 5 minutes. I had the AT100 package with HD and still under a contract. No problems at all.

I tried to switch to the HD only package and I have been out of contract for 3 months... the online CSR said I couldn't because I have the Dish Home Advantage (DHA)?!? So I played roulette and the second CSR said the same thing, but he offered to talk to his "executive department" (read: boss) and they agreed to do it... so now my bill is:

$29.99 HD Only package
$5.00 Locals
$5.98 DVR Fee
$0.01 Cinemax (yearly!)

=40.97 + taxes

...not bad considering my bill WAS twice that!

"I'd like to speak to an American please, Thank You."

This is what i say wherever & whenever I call and hear a Filipino or Indian on the other side.

Not mean spirited or hostile, the please and thank you is all it takes to get an American on the line.

I tried to switch to the HD only package and I have been out of contract for 3 months... the online CSR said I couldn't because I have the Dish Home Advantage (DHA)?!? So I played roulette and the second CSR said the same thing, but he offered to talk to his "executive department" (read: boss) and they agreed to do it... so now my bill is:

$29.99 HD Only package
$5.00 Locals
$5.98 DVR Fee
$0.01 Cinemax (yearly!)

=40.97 + taxes

...not bad considering my bill WAS twice that!

No $7.00 HD receiver fee?

I saved a lot of $ by switching to the HD Only package and I am very satisfied with it -- especially the price -- $47.97 with locals!

When I called to switch, I got a foreign sounding female CSR, but I had no problem...

Whenever I call Dish I always speak with technical support. They have served me well for both tech. problems and anytime I change programming etc.

why would he have that enabling fee when he has the HD package? Its for people who have a 622/722 and no HD on it

It's probably the leased receiver fee, Charlie increased from $6 to $7 earlier this year. Yeah, I thought he'd spend the money wisely, like on more national HD, but guess I was mistaken:D

It's probably the leased receiver fee, Charlie increased from $6 to $7 earlier this year. Yeah, I thought he'd spend the money wisely, like on more national HD, but guess I was mistaken:D
You should only be charged that fee for the 2nd+ receivers and not the first, but I have heard about some people who've done dishin it up, and have that fee for life on the first receiver somehow.

No $7.00 HD receiver fee?

I saved a lot of $ by switching to the HD Only package and I am very satisfied with it -- especially the price -- $47.97 with locals!

When I called to switch, I got a foreign sounding female CSR, but I had no problem...

Don't know about any HD receiver fee... never had one. Maybe that is why I had a problem at first, I dunno...

Can someone clue me in on what is in the HD only package? I find that we ONLY watch HD...although my kids would lose the kids programming...may need to rethink that.

I could not find the pricing or channel lineup anywhere ont he website (not that it surprises me).

Can someone clue me in on what is in the HD only package? I find that we ONLY watch HD...although my kids would lose the kids programming...may need to rethink that.

The biggest problem for our family was losing Noggin, as it is really the only channel I don't mind my 3 year old watching (and only SD channel we watch). I recorded about 15 episodes each of about 8 different shows. It took just over a week to get 100+ episodes. It takes up probably 1/3 of the DVR, but we have an external drive and don't normally keep stuff after we watch it. We cut our bill in half, so it is totally worth it.

You should only be charged that fee for the 2nd+ receivers and not the first, but I have heard about some people who've done dishin it up, and have that fee for life on the first receiver somehow.

I have the fee on my 622. The CSR I spoke to said it was because at some point I upgraded from a 942 to the 622. I'm wondering if there is a way to get this fee removed?

I have HD-"only" pack plus HBO, SHO, and 1c Cinemax.

CDH.

I would love to go to the HD only pack (especially now we have SciFi HD) but I'm not sure I can do without FSN Detroit HD.

My only hesistancy at this point is giving up Comedy Central for "The Daily Show".. I don't need to see it in HD ;) but would like to be able to see it... it looks like you can see the show off their website tho.. so that may be an option.

ILet American's talk to American's, not Indian's with "American" names.
Actually, "American" names are common in the Christian parts of India. And these names can't really be called "American", just "common in America". They are also common in certain parts of India. This per one of my Indian friends (now living in America) ... who is really named John. And was also named John, back when he lived in India.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)