chibi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Today I notice that I am not getting SD version of
USA, FOOD, TBS, TLC, TWC,TRAV channels.

Today I notice that I am not getting SD version of
USA, FOOD, TBS, TLC, TWC,TRAV channels.
I have the dishHD (only) package and ALL of these SD channels are working fine.

Press Menu-6-1-1 Check Switch Test to make sure your kit is working correctly and reload the EPG.

Talon Dancer

Someone might have locked them so you can't see them like how I did. It's a PITA to go thru the lock channels but you can see if you have 2 USA and TNT's etc.

I have the dishHD (only) package and ALL of these SD channels are working fine.

Press Menu-6-1-1 Check Switch Test to make sure your kit is working correctly and reload the EPG.

Talon Dancer

I reset my receiver and the channels are back. This happened to me before, I was
getting the cinemax for a penny and it disappeared one day. Had to do a reset to get it back.

I seemed to have lost Bravo on SD. Anyone else?

I tried to reset the receiver, the switch checked out fine.

I seemed to have lost Bravo on SD. Anyone else?

I tried to reset the receiver, the switch checked out fine.

Bravo was on free preview last month. This month the SD version went dark.

yes, but it is part of the dishhd package and was simulcast on SD, it appears to be gone now

yes, but it is part of the dishhd package and was simulcast on SD, it appears to be gone now
It seems not all the SD versions are available. For example DISNEY E , ABC Family
is not available. Check to see if you get them also. If you do, I will have to do a reset again.

no disneyE or abc family here either on SD

so that's 3 channels missing on SD so far

I wouldn't be surprised if they remove them all together at some point.

That causes a problem for me because I have a 622 and a 522, that would render my 522 worthless.

It has already caused problems since many of the SD shows were being recorded on the 522 and not the 622 (even though they have HD channels for them now...the content wasn't in HD).

in my case, I am viewing on a 522, it doesn't pick up HD at all so that is not even relevant

Bravo SD was in free preview when Bravo HD launched so we do not know that it was ever intended to be included in the HD package. My guess is Dish gives us the SD feed when it does not cost them extra and leaves it out where they would have to pay extra.

ah, interesting

anyway, it is in the HD now and not on SD, I guess I just switched at an odd time and thought it was simulcast like the others

This is a copy of my post in the HD Only Pack questions thread (posted 5 minutes ago):

I contacted ceo@dishnetwork.com to complain about the SD equivalents of some of the new HD channels not enabled in the HD Only package. I got a reply and a phone call from an executive who was mystified by the situation and promised to get me an answer. Within a couple of days she called me back to tell me that she had a great deal of difficulty getting information (that figures -- Dish is notorious for poor communications) but she was able to determine that we are not supposed to get the SD versions. It had something to do with their process -- they had to enable the SD version before they could set up the HD version of the same channel and they have left the SD version with the HD Only package. This doesn't entirely ring true, because many of the SD versions have been enabled AFTER the HD version.

However, it appears to me that their intent is to provide us with the HD version only when they correct their technical processes.

When that happens, that means you will not be able to get these channels on an analog TV without an MPEG 4 receiver.

Just thought anyone considering the HD Only package should be aware of this...

yeah, I was aware of that already...ticking time bomb until we lose all SD

I will just play it by ear...if they offered me some sort of trade-in on my 522 the HD boxes will scale down to SD just fine.

As usual they have no suggestions on having the 522 and not being able to get any SD channels...in my situation my locals still come SD...so it is a real mess.

I don't see why they can't just simulcast all the HD versions in SD to HD-only customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts