HD ONLY Package Pricing at Dish Network..

PONCH said:
I just bought a used 811 from and picked it up in Oaktown CA, attached it to the Voom dish and reactivated my old account. I needed a little more than HD, so I got the Americas Top 60. It works great! Don't let them sell you a dish and furthermore I'm in the SF bay area and have been receiving 61.5 since the last days of October. Go for it!

me

Can you tell me how many dishs you are using to receive both Voom HD and Americas Top 60?

TDK said:
Can you tell me how many dishs you are using to receive both Voom HD and Americas Top 60?

TDK,

Right now the only attached dish is the Voom dish. This weekend when I have more time, I'm going up on the roof to re-attach the original Dish Network dish to the chimney. I think it was originally pointed at 110. It should work. I've had Dish Network since Holyfield/Tyson I, but with the addition of the HDTV, I was immediately in the market for more HDTV content and think what happened to Voom is unfortunate.

Good luck,

me

Hello,

I am getting an 811 off eBay to do the a la carte plus access fee. Is there still an activation fee? If so, is it the same $49 for DHA?

There's no activation fee to activate equipment you bought, you just call them up...

BFG said:
There's no activation fee to activate equipment you bought, you just call them up...

Thanks! I hope to get it by midweek!

Just got activated with the HD only package. Cost $ 19.95 per month. I got a 811 from ebay for $200 new in box, installed 2 18" dishes with a sw21x.
No problems with Dishnetwork what so ever.
Voom blew 3 appointments, and never allowed a self install.
Thank you Dishnetwork!!!

Stats8

I lease my DN 811 for $5 a month with the HD Pak. I can't imagine buying a MPEG-2 811 STB for hundreds of dollars from a vendor that already has plans to phase out MPEG-2 in favor of MPEG-4 in a few years.

Qbob

Qbob said:
I lease my DN 811 for $5 a month with the HD Pak. I can't imagine buying a MPEG-2 811 STB for hundreds of dollars from a vendor that already has plans to phase out MPEG-2 in favor of MPEG-4 in a few years.

Qbob

Hello,

I only want HD services from Dish. Before considering the 411 upgrade cost, I will have saved (12 months x (36.99-19.99)) or $240 which easily pays for the receiver. I have no commitment. Hopefully, with the new receiver, I would continue a la carte.

I supplement HD service from Comcast which I doubt will have the bandwidth in the next two years to expand HD channels on the same order of magnitude.

Qbob said:

Qbob
When I talked to them last week I came away with the feeling that it will be this year.

Hi all. Haven't posted in this thread but have been posting in others on this subject. I live in CA (SF Valley) and the Dish tech who came out yesterday had no problem at all pointing my second Dish at 61.5. Reception is excellent! So if you live on west coast you do NOT need to wait for content to be mirrored to 148. I am Voomin!

vurbano said:
ANd leave your precious cable provider?

Nope, not leaving Comcast, with Comcast and E* HD only pack I now get in HD:

Comcast:
Detroit-ABC
Detroit-CBS
Detroit-NBC
Detroit-Fox
InHD 1
InHD 2
Discovery
ESPN
TNT HD
HBO
Showtime
Cinemax
Starz

E*:
RAVE
Gallery
Rush
Majestic
Guy TV
HD News
Ultra
Monsters HD
Equator
Animania
HD-Net
HD-Movies
Discovery, ESPN, TNT HD also get these with Comcast
and with OTA- the WB and UPN
and because of my deal with Comcast for leaving E* before coming back my bill is now $150.00 ( $130.00 before the E* HD only pack ) a month but that includes broadband and landline phone and the rental fee on two 6412 HD-DVRs.

So now I get 27 different HD channels, not too bad. :yes

Seattle Sam said:
You get TNT HD via Comcast? I have Comcast and TNT HD is not part of my service. Maybe a Detroit thing?

~seasam watch hd

No, it is in a lot of Comcast areas ( for about two weeks now ), but some areas have bandwidth issues so they could not add it to their systems.

cont....

Ahhhh. Okay. That is shame for me. My Seattle Sonics are playing in the finals and TNT has the broadcast rights. Would love to watch the games in HD.

Thanks for the response.

Cheers.

Seattle Sam said:
Ahhhh. Okay. That is shame for me. My Seattle Sonics are playing in the finals and TNT has the broadcast rights. Would love to watch the games in HD.

Thanks for the response.

Cheers.

The Western Conf. finals are on ESPN this year, so if the Sonics make it to the Third Round it will be on ESPN-HD, the Eastern Conf. is on TNT this Year.

MNHTUG all of HD premiums

Nice post. I was going to do this the other night while hanging at the "Last Hours of Voom Chat". Now if we could get just the premium HD movie channels too, I would drop the rest lickity split.

I too miss all the HD premiums HBO, Showtime, Max, Stars, TMC & Encore. Not to mention the HD Playboy chanel & the Wealth Chanel. The Voom offer will end May 1st. and I will wait till then to see if DTV or Time Warner add any HD movie or sports chanels. The Voom ten was not my favorites, but I liked being able to click thru 40 HD chanels just because I could!!!
Trw00

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)