HD-Only Package Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sms1976

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2007
Hi-
I'm going to be getting Dish at the end of the month, and I think I know what I want, but I have a few questions.

I want TurboHD Bronze, which I know is not available, but can be asked for, and has the channels I want. I want an HD DVR, and was happy with the 622 I had several years ago. What would be the best way to get the 922 when it comes out? Will I be hurting myself to get something like a 722k right now?

I will be getting this through Dishstore.net, who was very good to me last time I subscribed (several years ago and in a different house).

Thanks in advance for your input.

One other question:
What was so great about the Absolute HD package? And is it available still?

No

One other question:
What was so great about the Absolute HD package? And is it available still?

You can't get the absolute package anymore. If one goes to another package they can never go back either. I'm one that has it and until they add BBCA HD I'm staying where I am due to the fact it is going to cost a good bit more for me to go to anything else that will give me all the HD channels that it has. There are only like 5 that it doesn't include.

The upside of Absolute is that it included all the HD channels with the exception of the 4 or 5 noted above and of course premium channels for around $30 a month. The downside was that it did not include your regional sports network.

I guess I missed that, but TurboHD Bronze (or whatever it's called now) will cover all we're looking for. I don't care all that much about a regional sports network, as they assign us Denver or FSN Rocky Mtn, when I'd rather have the Northwest. We're really just getting back on E* to watch more College Football, and maybe some HGTV, Food Network, etc.

Now that I think about it...If anyone knows how I can get all SEC games in HD, that would be a big plus. My wife is from Tuscaloosa, Alabama and went to UA.

Thanks for the tip on SEC games! That will help...

Anyone have any ideas as far as which receiver I should get if I'm planning on upgrading to the 922? Would I be hurting myself to get the 722k?

Thanks again.

It looks like the consensus on these boards is to not get the Turbo HD package. Why is that? The TurboHD Bronze package has everything we want, and still appears to be the least expensive. Is it missing channels that it used to have, or is there a better package for the price?

Someone let me know why I shouldn't get a Turbo HD, if you don't mind.

It looks like the consensus on these boards is to not get the Turbo HD package. Why is that? The TurboHD Bronze package has everything we want, and still appears to be the least expensive. Is it missing channels that it used to have, or is there a better package for the price?

Someone let me know why I shouldn't get a Turbo HD, if you don't mind.
I subscribe to Turbo Hd Bronze and I am very happy with it. It just sucks that they will not give the free Platinum add-on package with any of the Turbo packages. I'm pretty sure that they don't offer the Turbo packages anymore. You have to get a Classic package with the an HD add-on.

I subscribe to Turbo Hd Bronze and I am very happy with it. It just sucks that they will not give the free Platinum add-on package with any of the Turbo packages. I'm pretty sure that they don't offer the Turbo packages anymore. You have to get a Classic package with the an HD add-on.

Some other threads have said you can ask for the TurboHD packages, even though they're not "officially" offered. I'm going to try and get it as long as they'll let me. I was just wondering why so many people are against it.

I'm really just trying to get ESPN and ESPN2 in HD for the cheapest possible. The fact that it has a few others that that my wife or I want (HGTV, Food Network, etc.) is just icing on the cake.

My 6 month promo expired earlier this month and I wanted to go to TurboHD Bronze. Despite several talks with several folks there, I was told that basically I was SOL and that they didn't care what I wanted (aka they didn't care that they yanked TurboHD away with no notice).

How have you managed to get them to give you TurboHD Bronze?

BBCA HD availablity might make me switch.........maybe not

You can't get the absolute package anymore. If one goes to another package they can never go back either. I'm one that has it and until they add BBCA HD I'm staying where I am due to the fact it is going to cost a good bit more for me to go to anything else that will give me all the HD channels that it has. There are only like 5 that it doesn't include.

My 6 month promo expired earlier this month and I wanted to go to TurboHD Bronze. Despite several talks with several folks there, I was told that basically I was SOL and that they didn't care what I wanted (aka they didn't care that they yanked TurboHD away with no notice).

How have you managed to get them to give you TurboHD Bronze?

I was going through Dishstore.net. I actually went ahead and ordered last night, and they still had all the TurboHD packages available, with free locals. The guy I talked to didn't think they were going anywhere anytime soon, just that Dish didn't want to advertise them. I think you should take that with a grain of salt.

I actually ended up doing Classic Bronze with DVR plus HD, as that was a little cheaper than doing just TurboHD Bronze ($39.99 vs. $41.99). They did a 722k with OTA module, and I can downgrade after the 12-month promo price, when it goes up to ~$62. I'm going to crossing my fingers for either TurboHD to be around or for there to be a better deal on an HD-only package (at regular price) in 12 months.

If you're having trouble with the CSR's, I've had excellent success writing to CEO[at]echostar.com or CEO[at]dishnetwork.com. I'm not sure they're still using those, but they will get things straightened out for you.

I have Turbo Silver, and I really love it. I think the biggest thing for me (versus Absolute) was the ability to have my RSN--a must for me for baseball season. Turbo plus local channels give me all I need.

I have Turbo Silver, and I really love it. I think the biggest thing for me (versus Absolute) was the ability to have my RSN--a must for me for baseball season. Turbo plus local channels give me all I need.

How much are you paying for that? And is that with a DVR?

Did you pay the $5.99 for the multi-sports pack? I am thinking of doing that. Why would they offer the Classic Bronze 100+ for $5 more than Classic Bronze 100 with one RSN and then offer all of the RSNs for $5.99?

I'm thinking of adding the multi-sports pack to mine before installation (Wednesday morning)...Gotta make a decision.

How much are you paying for that? And is that with a DVR?

Did you pay the $5.99 for the multi-sports pack? I am thinking of doing that. Why would they offer the Classic Bronze 100+ for $5 more than Classic Bronze 100 with one RSN and then offer all of the RSNs for $5.99?

I'm thinking of adding the multi-sports pack to mine before installation (Wednesday morning)...Gotta make a decision.

As I understand it, with Multi Sport, you don't get any professional sports games on the additional RSNs (so no out-of-market MLB or NBA games on the additional RSNs, although the college games do carry through). I'm paying $50 for my package (which is an old Dish DVR Advantage plan, inlcuding local channels). I'm really strongly considering adding Multi Sport for the NFL season though (just for the new RedZone channel).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)