HD Only Package?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Is there any information on these TurboHD packages around like a channel list? I just hooked up a dinky OTA antenna tonight and the stuff it pulled in was great. The football games were awesome.

Here is a recent TurboHD channel list from just before it was removed from the Dish web site:

TurboHD Bronze
$29.99/mo

• A&E HD
  • ABC Family
  • Cartoon Network
  • CNBC HD
  • CNN HD
  • Comedy Central HD
  • Country Music TV HD
  • Discovery Channel HD
  • DISH Network ON DEMAND1
  • DISH Network PAY PER VIEW1
  • Disney Channel HD
  • ESPN HD
  • ESPN2 HD
  • ESPNEWS HD
  • Food Network HD
  • HD Theater
  • HDNet
  • HGTV HD
  • History Channel HD
  • Lifetime
  • Palladia
  • Syfy HD
  • Spike HD
  • TBS in HD
  • TLC HD
  • TNT HD
  • Travel Channel HD
  • USA HD
  • Weather Channel HD

TurboHD Silver
$39.99/mo

• A&E HD
  • ABC Family
  • Animal Planet HD
  • Big Ten Network2
  • Bravo HD
  • Cartoon Network
  • CBS College Sports
  • CNBC HD
  • CNN HD
  • Comedy Central HD
  • Country Music TV HD
  • Discovery Channel HD
  • Disney Channel HD
  • Disney XD HD
  • ESPN HD
  • ESPN2 HD
  • ESPNEWS HD
  • Food Network HD
  • Golf Channel HD
  • HD Theater
  • HDNet
  • HGTV HD
  • History Channel HD
  • Lifetime
  • Lifetime Movie Network
  • NFL Network HD
  • Palladia
  • Syfy HD
  • Spike HD
  • TBS in HD
  • TLC HD
  • TNT HD
  • Travel Channel HD
  • USA HD
  • Weather Channel HD
  • WGN America

TurboHD Gold
$49.99/mo

• A&E HD

• ABC Family

• Animal Planet HD

• Big Ten Network2

• Biography Channel

• Bravo HD

• Cartoon Network

• CBS College Sports

• CNBC HD

• CNN HD

• Comedy Central HD

• Country Music TV HD

• Discovery Channel HD

• Disney Channel HD

• Disney XD HD

• Encore

• ESPN HD

• ESPN2 HD

• ESPNEWS HD

• Food Network HD

• Golf Channel HD

• Hallmark Movie Channel

• HD Theater

• HDNet

• HGTV HD

• History Channel HD

• Lifetime

• Lifetime Movie Network

• National Geographic

• NFL Network HD

• Palladia

• Planet Green

• Science Channel HD

• Syfy HD

• Spike HD

• TBS in HD

• Tennis Channel HD

• TLC HD

• TNT HD

• Travel Channel HD

• USA HD

• Versus HD

• Weather Channel HD

• WGN America

1 = Additional fees apply to view.
2 = Available in: Ohio, Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois and sections of Pennsylvania and Indiana.

As stated earlier, even with the high-end Turbo package you don't get all the HD channels. I had gold AND Platinum at one time and didn't have FX HD, among others. I know have Classic Silver with HD plus platinum and have all the channels I was looking for in Turbo, plus more, for only about $10-15 more a month

I apologize for the delay in response. I thank everyone for the valuable information and insight. We've decided for the moment to just use the antenna outside and go with what we can get from it. I looked at Dish Networks offers and cannot justify what they are asking for. We have a Dishin It Up deal but it really isn't a deal at all. If we pay $150 they'll ship us the box and install it. If we pay $100 they will ship it to us and we can activate it. In addition they have a receiver with a name so bloody long I'm not going to bother to type it for an even higher upgrade fee. However, the $100+ leaves me a bit put off because we will not actually own the box but will instead be leasing it and have to get locked into another 24 month contract with Dish. With the upgrade price and the lease fees it makes no sense because of what will be paid in the end.

If I pay the $100-$150 plus the 24 month commit with the lease fees I don't come out ahead much less break even. I mean really the machine is still theirs right? Besides I like the month to month that we have right now. One would think if they charge the 'upgrade' fee and monthly lease they are getting the money out of the machine plus the extra programming costs.

I wish that I didn't have to pay all of that extra money for the 150-odd SD channels I don't watch. The HDA/Turbo packages were a great idea, but the lawyers and executives lost sight of what really matters...happy customers.

Dish wanted the all HD packages to succeed, however the programmers are the ones who ultimately put the squash in it. :(

Exactly; lawyers and executives who need to do something about that cranial-rectal inversion. Rather than collecting money from me for Planet Green and NatGeo (if TurboGold actually had the other Foxes), I've downgraded to Classic Silver and Comcast gets the money for E! (which I don't watch) instead.

I can see why they would want to do what they did. Money. Quite frankly though there are not many sd channels worth watching. Since we've been pulling OTA HD and compared it to a friends Dish Network HD we can see a difference. The OTA is hands down better. Too bad they don't do HD only with no commitment though for existing subscribers becasue we would sign up right now. Heck, I would sign up for the receiver, and add on the HD to the package we have now if there was no commitment. I mean they own the bloody box, we'll get hit with the lease fees and likely keep it till the box burns up. No joy though if they want to rope us for 24 months worth.

I can see why they would want to do what they did. Money. Quite frankly though there are not many sd channels worth watching. Since we've been pulling OTA HD and compared it to a friends Dish Network HD we can see a difference. The OTA is hands down better. Too bad they don't do HD only with no commitment though for existing subscribers becasue we would sign up right now. Heck, I would sign up for the receiver, and add on the HD to the package we have now if there was no commitment. I mean they own the bloody box, we'll get hit with the lease fees and likely keep it till the box burns up. No joy though if they want to rope us for 24 months worth.

Look on ebay or one of the satguys sponsors above and buy a vip211. Then call and have it activated. No commit and you own it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts