Hd Ota

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

boston frustration

Original poster
Sep 9, 2004
I have an DirecTV HD/Tivo integrated receiver and cannot seem to receive any OTA digital HD channels.

I live about 6 miles from most of the local broadcast antennae in Boston (according to www.antennaweb.org) and have installed a Terk satellite-mounted antenna on my roof-mounted satellite, which fits the category of antenna recommended by the website. I have a very clear view in the direction of the broadcast antennae, although the area is somewhat hilly. When I ask the HD receiver to scan for available OTA channels, it indicates that it could only detect a single home shopping network channel. When I then try to view the local digital and HD channels, I see static.

The Terk 44 antenna in an amplified model that clips to the satellite dish. The satellite coax cables run through the base of the Terk model and then in to the house to the receiver, where two small devices split the OTA antenna signal off. My satellite signal is fine.

Any ideas?

Where around Boston do you live? I live in Waltham; I just use a $25 indoor antenna, and I get all the local HD channels. I do live on the 3rd floor though, so I'm sure that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts