HD out of B'Ham Alabama, Knight Rider is 'crap' for me

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This site so helps.
I still thought it was 'me' but ...
EXACTLY. if it wasn't for this site, i would have called dish and had them send someone out to re-align my dish already even though they only installed it about 4-5 months ago. heck, i might still do that, the signal meters seem lower than they should be anyways. and my 625 seems to have trouble connecting to the 129 sat. pretty often (according to the logs) even though i havn't been affected by it (that i know of). but strangly my 722 doesnt' have the same issue.

AGAIN last night!!! recorded american idol and watched it about an hour after it was over. then about 15 minutes into american idol (in HD) the 722 said it had signal loss. but instead of just skipping a couple of minutes like normal, i couldn't watch any more of the show, it just ended right there. the time said it had recorded a whole hour though. which is really weird because my wife said that she watched the last 2 minutes of the recording while it was live. so she knows it had a good signal at the end of the show.

anyone else have problems with Bham last night??

I had a lot of pixelation, and what looked like signal loss starting to happen. I never lost the entire signal, and it didn't miss any of the recording, but it was sure painful to watch. I've got to get my OTA working... now if my guide data would only work for OTA (but that is another long drawn-out story)

We had CRAP weather here last night is there a chance you had rain ?
I know mine went down due to rain a few times last night but I actually got all of last nights show BUT Tuesday I lost 20 mins at least and weather was perfect.

I DID lose the end of LOST last night due to rain

but rain or no rain the B'ham feed can be bad on a perfect night, fact :/

Last night was the hardest rain we have had here in Bham a long time. The only sat that did not go out on me was 110.

i was driving home from Bham around six or so and it was raining somewhat. but we live in fayette (100 miles away) and my wife said it hadn't rained there since before 5pm. so all of that was before AI came on. does rain, etc affect the transmission of the signal from the TV station to dish before being sent out to viewers?

i was driving home from Bham around six or so and it was raining somewhat. but we live in fayette (100 miles away) and my wife said it hadn't rained there since before 5pm. so all of that was before AI came on. does rain, etc affect the transmission of the signal from the TV station to dish before being sent out to viewers?

If you are watching tv and you see breakup on your tv it is raining toward the south from which your dish is pointed. You will probably be getting heavy rain at your house within a few minutes of the break up.

Yeah, it wasn't raining that hard where I live (I live on the very eastern tip of Cullman County.)

The signal (somewhere in the chain) just sucked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)