HD Pack w/o Programming?

peid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 22, 2003
South Dakota
I currently have the AT 100 w/locals + Original HD Pack + HBO + Show.

I think I want to go back to cable on all TVs in my house but keep the Original HD Pack and keep HBO + Showtime so I continue to receive those in HD. I talked with CS online yesterday and they said no problem. My bill would look like this:

$5.00 = 1-Time Downgrade Fee
$9.99 = HD Pack
$22.00 = HBO + Showtime
$6.00 = Access Fee

Does this seem correct? I can't even go to dish builder and get anything without getting a minimum programming package.

Am I really able to get just HD, HBO & Showtime on a single receiver with no other commitments? I also own my own receivers. Will they "buy" the ones I don't want back from me?

Dish's website says HD Pack requires minimum programming.

Help

I am confused!!!!!!!!!

I don't believe they will let you do this.

They won't buy back owned equipment. Try eBay, or the classifieds on this site if you're a Pub member.

Am I really able to get just HD, HBO & Showtime on a single receiver with no other commitments? I also own my own receivers. Will they "buy" the ones I don't want back from me?

You don't mention what reciever you have, or what HD pack you are currently subscribed to. However, if you have the older "HD Pack" with the main channels (ESPN, DiscHD, HDNets, UniHD, TNT), you should be able to downgrade to just the HD pack, access fee, and premiums with no real problem. I'm actually surprised that they didn't give you a harder time to do that.

I own my 811 receiver and two 311 receivers.

I only have the original HD Pack, TNT, Discovery, HDNet, HDNet Movies, ESPN.

When I was in the process of leasing an additional 811 receiver, they offered $49 credit if I sent them back one of my owned 311's, but that has maybe changed.

She said if I do this, they will deactivate both 311's, and send a box and call tag for their leased 811. Keep my owned 811 active and downgrade all my programming to only the HD Pack and HBO and Showtime, with no contract, only month to month.

Sound right?

Thanks BFG.

Now to figure out how to get cable and satellite on that TV. Should I run coax to the TV or to the back of the satellite? I also have an OTA antenna which will compete for that single port on the back of the 811.

I should be able to run the OTA antenna and Cable on the same cable and simply plug that 1 cable into the antenna in on the 811. All cable channels should show up in the 811 guide just as the OTA ones do I would think?

Time will tell I guess when I play around with it tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

Well, that was short lived!

Cable hooked up today................cable disconnected tomorrow!!!

I can't honestly remember my cable being that bad before, but ouch that hurt to even look at. Granted it is only analog, but still, this was ridiculous.

I switched between Dish Network and Cable on CNN, A&E, HGTV, QVC, Local CBS, etc. Not even a comparison. Dish won hands down. I think we get spoiled watching HDTV and then get disappointed and start wondering things when we switch back to SD on Dish.

Here are my picture quality assessments: 1-10, 10 being the best, 1 being terrible

OTA HDTV = 10
Dish HD =9.5
DVD = 9
OTA Digital = 7
Dish SD = 6
OTA Analog = 5.5
Analog Cable = 3

This was based upon my 57" HDTV. All other TVs in the house were acceptable since they are much smaller. But 90% of my viewing is on the 57"

I guess I am a "Dish-Lifer"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)