HD Package / Fee Confusion

RedSavina

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 19, 2005
Groton, CT
I've been trying - really I have - to make sense of all the various posts about packages and fees, etc. It just ain't workin' fer me, ya know what I mean? :D

Anyone care to take a stab at what a person could expect to pay for the following?

ViP622 receiver
DishHD package (HD only, no SD)
Locals

Depending on how much I get dinged on the above, I may continue to use my second receiver and/or HBO.

Thanks,
Red

RedSavina said:
I've been trying - really I have - to make sense of all the various posts about packages and fees, etc. It just ain't workin' fer me, ya know what I mean? :D

Anyone care to take a stab at what a person could expect to pay for the following?

ViP622 receiver
DishHD package (HD only, no SD)
Locals

Depending on how much I get dinged on the above, I may continue to use my second receiver and/or HBO.

Thanks,
Red

To do it with HD only you will need to purchase a VIP622 at full msrp(not sure what that is, around $749 I think), no lease or promo deals if you get HD and no SD programing which will then cost you $29.99/mo or $34.99/mo w/locals and an additional $6/mo access fee. If you are willing to get a basic SD/HD combo package you will be able to lease a VIP622 for $299 up front with a $0 lease fee if it is your 1st receiver, the combo packs are DishHDBronz(HD+AT60)$49.99/mo or $54.99/mo w/locals, DishHDSilver(HD+AT120)$59.99/mo or $64.99/mo w/locals, DishHDGold(HD+AT180)$69.99/mo or $74.99/mo w/locals, DishHDPlatinum(HD+AT180+HBO,Cinamax,SHO, and Starz)$99.99/mo or $104.99/mo w/locals. $0 monthly access fee with any combo pack. Since you want a VIP622, you will also pay an additional $5.98/mo DVR service fee unless you get the Platinum package, then their is no extra charge for DVR.

My first post so I hope this is the correct place. I am also confused with the HD packages fees.

I have a 811 and an old 4000 receiver. I own both. I would like to replace the 4000 with a DVR unit and I was thinking I should get the 622. Where does that leave me since I am already subscribing to the 120 and the 9.99 HD pack. Will I have to change what I subscribe to to get the 622?

Thanks

Cville said:
My first post so I hope this is the correct place. I am also confused with the HD packages fees.

I have a 811 and an old 4000 receiver. I own both. I would like to replace the 4000 with a DVR unit and I was thinking I should get the 622. Where does that leave me since I am already subscribing to the 120 and the 9.99 HD pack. Will I have to change what I subscribe to to get the 622?

Thanks

Yes you would need to sub to at least HDBronze(HD+AT60) at $49.99/mo or $54.99/mo w/locals. To get what you have now with the addition of UHD, ESPN2HD, all 15 Voom HD, coming soon HGTV-HD, FOOD Network-HD and 5 - 10 more HD channels to be added over the next year or so, you will need to get HDSilver(HD+AT120) at $59.99/mo or $64.99/mo w/locals. Since the 622 is a DVR you will also pay an additional $5.98/mo DVR service fee and instead of paying the $4.99/mo extra receiver fee that you currently pay on your 4000, you will pay a $6/mo lease fee on your new 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)