HD Packaging Ripoff

kirkdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
Somebody tell me I'm wrong! Dish is offering that HD Platium package....making it out like your getting everything plus more HD programming....meaning your getting the VOOM channels.

If you have the AM. Everything package + the old HD package.....then by converting to the NEW HD Platium package......I would loose all the Starz channels, all Cinemax, some HBO channels, and some Showtime channels.

I would give up all those channels for the VOOM HD channels! For basically the SAME Price!

If that's not a Ripoff....what is! I had VOOM before, and most of those channels aren't that good, maybe 5 of them I'd give a 6 or 7 on a 10 point scale :mad:

With the new platinum pack you get AEP + all the hd and new hd channels for the price of 99.99 without locals or 104.99 with locals. The best programming pack is the platinum pack with or without locals. You don't lose any of the premium movie channels if you upgrade . I don't know why you think you would lose any of the movie channels if you upgrade.

MikeD-C05 said:
I don't know why you think you would lose any of the movie channels if you upgrade.

Yeah, I am not seeing how you could mis interpret that Platinum package. I know dish is bad at presenting info in a clear manner on the website, but I still don't see where you think you are losing channels.

HD Package

MikeD-C05 said:
With the new platinum pack you get AEP + all the hd and new hd channels for the price of 99.99 without locals or 104.99 with locals. The best programming pack is the platinum pack with or without locals. You don't lose any of the premium movie channels if you upgrade . I don't know why you think you would lose any of the movie channels if you upgrade.

I'm repeating what the rep told me....I asked specifically about the Starz, Cinemax channels .......I asked if I would loose those for the VOOM channels and he said yes.

I hope he was wrong....but why don't they make things clearer on their web site......under HD Programming, under movies, they don't list any Cinemax or Starz....and they only list the HBOHD and SHOHD channels.

How can I verify in writing the channels I would receive with the HD Platium package? :confused:

kirkdj said:
I'm repeating what the rep told me....I asked specifically about the Starz, Cinemax channels .......I asked if I would loose those for the VOOM channels and he said yes.

I hope he was wrong....but why don't they make things clearer on their web site......under HD Programming, under movies, they don't list any Cinemax or Starz....and they only list the HBOHD and SHOHD channels.

How can I verify in writing the channels I would receive with the HD Platium package? :confused:

They only list HBOHD and SHOHD because those are the only HD premium movie channels Dish carries. You will still get all the sd premium movie channels.

kirkdj said:

Man, that is funny and sad that a CSR told you that. Oh well.

As for verification of the channels in the platinum pack, I can personally verify that I have all channels in 180, all movie channels and all the HD (old and new HD).

Ok

OK...Thanks for the verification!

I'm calling them back to order the HD Platium!

;)

I keep asking Dish about their press release (below), but they haven't given
me a direct answer yet. For $54.99, you should get HBO and Showtime HD
according to their statement below....

With up to four different programming packages to choose from, DishHD customers can find an option that best fits their viewing needs. For as little as $54.99 a month, customers can access the entire 25-channel DishHD lineup,

kayeevee said:
I keep asking Dish about their press release (below), but they haven't given
me a direct answer yet. For $54.99, you should get HBO and Showtime HD
according to their statement below....
IMHO, it's a typo. Should be 23.

dish dvr

Don't fall for the dvr reciver it will not record hd.They tried that with me and it cost them my 2 year contract and they admited bad info circulating.It is how i got out of thier contract.

More

We need more info....how could they possibly be selling a hd dvr that won't record HD? How did you prove it, so we can check out our boxes, if we ever get them? I'm waiting for the call Friday from Dish to tell me for the 4th time that they'll have to cancel the installation....no 44 switch again I'm sure!

Your first problem is listening to any of the CSR's from India :)

I now have a habit of going to the HD tech support line and doing any adjustments to my account. Knowledgeable and easy to deal with.