HD Picture quality as of late.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
billbillw said:
Sean,
I know how Cheezmo (Steve Martin) collects his data. I was asking you who is repsonsible for the data you linked that gives the bitrates for E*! Here:

There is no explanation for that data. That is what I meant by comparing apples to apples.

That was at AVS by a few people that have a modded 6000 receiver connected to a JVC HD recorder. I think BFG collected the information from various threads where it was posted.

Sean Mota said:
That was at AVS by a few people that have a modded 6000 receiver connected to a JVC HD recorder. I think BFG collected the information from various threads where it was posted.

So we don't know how old or reliable that data is.

It was posted in spring of this year after Echostar acquired the VOOM channels. So it is pretty new. The data is very reliable. These are people who care about the quality of HD channels on Echostar. I have seen their post.

I thought I would add this is 1 of the reasons I drop the HD package a while back but I do have the HD Tivo for recording OTA and until I see 2 things from D I will not get there HD channels agin (1-Improved PQ (2- A lot more channels & Not locals.

LOBO2999 said:
I thought I would add this is 1 of the reasons I drop the HD package a while back but I do have the HD Tivo for recording OTA and until I see 2 things from D I will not get there HD channels agin (1-Improved PQ (2- A lot more channels & Not locals.

Amen! Exactly how I feel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)