HD picture quality from All America Direct/DNS

I tried at Mydistantnetwork dot com for Hatford, AR 71945 and it offered me:

HD BIG 4-CHI
HD BIG 4-LA
SD BIG 4-SF

but no NY.

Any idea what area would qualify for NY.

p.s. currently I am residing in Angelus Oaks, CA 92305 which qualifies me for SD BIG 4-SF and HD BIG 4-LA but I am willing to move :)

Distants info

"Try the zipcode for 71945 it qualifies for all distants without waivers. You can have different physical addresses listed for DISH and AllAmerican Direct."

Which zip code would qualify for NY stations on mydistantnetwork?

"Try the zipcode for 71945 it qualifies for all distants without waivers. You can have different physical addresses listed for DISH and AllAmerican Direct."

Which zip code would qualify for NY stations on mydistantnetwork?
if you already qualified for la hd dns just call aad and tell them to add the ny sd stations
they will, ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY!

Thanks !

I called but they have a rule that you cannot receive networks from an earlier time zone. If you live in the East you can receive from the West, but not the other way around.

Therefore, I will move to the East so I will get NY as well.

Any zip you can recommend ?

Great, that works for NY/SF in SD and LA in HD.
I didn't like Big Bear, CA anyhow . . . .

Looking forward to moving to Jackman, ME . . . I heard it is nice there.

p.s. greetings and thanks from Belize, Central America (no spot beams and over the air).

Last edited:
sure, we have the best tv on the island.

San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize

Attachments

• Nov 08 2 022.JPG
    Nov 08 2 022.JPG
    337.7 KB · Views: 80
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania is nice this time of year as well. Zip is 17745. I have noticed a change in the AAD website, they now want to hit you with SD E and W feeds for 12.99 on top of the HD Chi or La HD and SD feeds, and you need to call them to delete those. It looks like they see a business opportunity. Has anyone called them to delete those yet?

I would think the picture quality would be about the same as the HD LiLs on Dish. They are running 8 HD's on the one 8PSK transponder for the HD distants. Compare that to the typical spotbeam transponder for an HD LiL where they run 4 HD's on one TP typically. You might think the bandwidth would be more but actually it isn't. Most of the time I see about half of the transponder with null packets. So I'd say it's safe to assume the bandwidth of the two are about the same per channel.

Are you suggesting that digital picture quality varies!!!???? WOW!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)