HD pixilates a lot

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wonhof

Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
Reno, Nv
I have a HR20, my non-hd reception is always good but my HD reception pixilates a lot and we get "searching for signal" messages all the time. I've had the dish re-aligned a number of times. Is it the reciever?

could be darn near anything. start the research cheap and work up; check connectors, the RG6 runs, then check LNB then if all that turns up nothing, have the receiver checked / replaced.

I have a HR20, my non-hd reception is always good but my HD reception pixilates a lot and we get "searching for signal" messages all the time. I've had the dish re-aligned a number of times. Is it the reciever?

Can you post your signal strengths on all of the satellites?

Just because you've had the dish realigned doesn't mean squat if it wasn't done right. :)
As stated above, Please post your signal strengths for all TPs on all satellites.
Especially the 99 and 103 sats.

OK, 99c is 61%, 99s Not Acquired, 101 is 85%, 103s Not Acquired, 103c is 69%,110 is 95% and 119 is 92% on Tuner 1 but 83% on Tuner 2.

Dish realignment, or Bad LNB. Do you have an older style HD dish(at-9) or the new one SLimline AU-9?

If you have the old style with the sidecar, call up for a free upgrade and have the new tech check it out for you.

Make sure you mount is nice and secure, sounds like it might be "moving" around up there if you having multiple realignments.

Just my 2cents, hope something helps you.

I'm guessing alignment. You can try adjusting it yourself. With someone checking your signal strength screen, push just a little on the dish and hold it for about 30 seconds to let the movement register. Try this in all directions. What happens to your signal strengths when you do this? If they go up to the nineties, then an alignment is likely the problem.

I am a DISH customer. I had the same problem a while back. After the technician doing everything you mentioned he loosened one of the three coaxes in the basement and out ran a very large amount of water. The coax was replaced and the problem was solved.

Align sounds like a problem but I have seen poor connections, hidden diplexer (but this normally kills most of the ka signal on 99 and 103), old au9..etc. I will almost agree with most here and say the tech doing the alignment was out for a paycheck and did not properly solve you problem. If he did align the dish properly but it does not have a solid mounting ( adjustable stay legs, soft/semirotten wood mounting surface) the dish will sag or move out of alignment. I would have another tech out and donot accept anything below 93 on 103c, 96 on 101, and the rest should be there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)