HD Platinum PR

PotentialNoobie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
Puerto Rico
Hello,

I was told by the retailer that I would not be able to get the "free" platinum.
because she does not see that offer anywhere... :confused:

I order the Classic Silver + HD PR + 3 months HBO & Showtime + 1 cent Cinemax.

On Dish page it says for any classic package+ HD, hd platinum is free for new customers.
the retailer said not for Puerto Rico :mad:

Is that true?
Can I solve that later withe Dish? Once I get the installation...

Yes go ahead and take the pkg you want from the retailer. Then after you have your account setup, go to the Dish Network webpage and log in to your account and activate HD Platinum on the programing tab. And that would do the trick. Remeber you have to have an anntenna pointed to Sat 61.5. Minimum dish size would be 51/2 feet but this would not get you tranponders 19 and 24 you would need a 6 footer for those. No TP 19 or 24 means no Science Ch, Palladia, BETJ,Speed Ch or any of the HBO's HD exept HBOE HD, this one comes from sat 110.

Yes go ahead and take the pkg you want from the retailer. Then after you have your account setup, go to the Dish Network webpage and log in to your account and activate HD Platinum on the programing tab. And that would do the trick. Remeber you have to have an anntenna pointed to Sat 61.5. Minimum dish size would be 51/2 feet but this would not get you tranponders 19 and 24 you would need a 6 footer for those. No TP 19 or 24 means no Science Ch, Palladia, BETJ,Speed Ch or any of the HBO's HD exept HBOE HD, this one comes from sat 110.

Hmm,perhaps that's why she said no, cause they are installing one 4' antenna to 110 and 119...:(

This is why I meant when we lost the abilitty to subscribe to the HD packages a couple pof years ago. Most dealers and installer and not aware, don't want to be aware or have the technical capabilities to hande this installations or information. Before you get the platinum you need a big enough dish to lock the 61.5 location. If the CSR or the dealer told you that the platinum is not available is because is not for PR customers. PR subscribers are taking advantage of this "openning" and getting a package that is extremelly hard to get. So please people don't start calling to complain that you lose some channels to rain fade.

We have 33 HD channels on a spotbeam, with a 4 footer which 99% of subscribers have the rain fade is virtually cero..

Read read and then read again is my advice....

Why plat?we have 33 spotbeam channels as tom said,and dish gave me $400.00 by doing this(sold my 6ft cm dish even tho here in fajardo HD was not really worth it form 61.5w,horrible signal always :mad:)

if you really want plat,you need to log on the website and under the HD plus sign you will see HD+plat for 10.00 select it and confirm.

or you can just go talk with a csr,they are giving it for almost everyone who is asking despite what their site says"new costumers only"

I have a new account with dish with AT250, PR HD Pack & Locals. I am planning to add the 61.5 antenna for HD Platinum. I will not pay for the HD PR pack until May 2010. The question is, if I add the HD platinum will I have to pay the $10 now or will I get it free until May 2010?

I have a new account with dish with AT250, PR HD Pack & Locals. I am planning to add the 61.5 antenna for HD Platinum. I will not pay for the HD PR pack until May 2010. The question is, if I add the HD platinum will I have to pay the $10 now or will I get it free until May 2010?

You will pay $10 now. I added HD plat recently, so this is the deal.

There is no more Platinum

Wasn't the Platinum package dropped and the channels rolled into the Gold package as of August 1st?

There's no Platinum listed on the Dish Network web site.

Extremly Important

You can get the Platinum Pkg but they will start charging $10 to your account. You already have HD Pak for PR for free. And what they are giving for free are the channels that were part of the platinum pkg for US coustumers that had Gold HD. Now Gold HD and Platinum Pakages only pay $10 instead of $20. When you add that new HD+Platinum Pkg you are going to have every channel that the Gold HD + Platinum had, BUT THIS CHANNELS ARE BEING BROADCAST FROM SAT 61.5 and YOU MUST HAVE 51/2 foot MINIMUM and for OPTIMUM SIGNAL STRENGHT a 6 footer TO RECIVE EVERY CHANNEL. Like Tom stated before if you decide to get this pkg it is extremly important that if you do not get every channel or you loose signal easily because of rain fade DO NOT call Dish CSR complainig about this because what Dish will do is get this option out of the web page and then nobody will have the oportunity to get this pkg with the right equipment. Remember this HD+Platinum pkg is not intended for PR coustumers. And yes you can add now the pkg and later put the antenna, the only draw back is that you are going to get charged $10 without having the channels available but this way you asure the pkg before Dish becomes aware of the situation and decides to get the option off of the web for us PR coustumers.

PS. Sorry for the bold,red,capital and underline part but this is important.

Why? because it is free :)

Can I get it even if I don't watch it? Maybe later I can add a 6 footer...

Or perhaps they will move the channels to other satellite :eek: and if I had the "platinum" I can keep it...

Who told you it is free? You'll get charged $10 as Rdavidowski stated...

Here's the deal. After Aug 1 the packages changed. There's no more packages discounts. For example HD and the AT250 in addition to the Premiums won't appear as "Premuims". So if you want the Platinum for "free" well you are screwed because you'll get the Gold for " free" but your basic channel package will be more expesive and you'll get charged $10 for the Platinum anyway. Finally nothing is free in life....there's always a catch....:cool:

There a huge post discussing the price changes.. as I wrote, read read read read...

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 103
Well, in the chat of 7/20 first page, it was said:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ecial-retailer-chat-recap-july-20-2009-a.html

"Platinum HD gratis con el paquete HD"

That is correct. You WILL pay $10 dollars for the HD. Platinum is included free with the HD, since it is no longer a package. Before that, you would have paid $20, 10 for HD + 10 for Platinum.

I got the PR Pak (free till May). Then when I added the HD+Plat, I was charged $10, as I already stated elsewhere in the forums.

My story re Platinum

I have credit card auto pay and on checking my bank statement I noticed that my Dish bill was about $10 lees this month than it was last month.
The only thing I did to my account was last month, July, when I add Platinum for free for 3 months.
I called Dish today and the CSR told me that lesser bill was because of a $10 credit for
Platinum.
He then said that he was adding Platinum HD to my account for free and he was going to seclude me for a new dish for the 70 orbit location so I could see the Platinum channels.
I told him that I could already see them just fine.
The only possible up side for me is that I will be able to get my Cincinnati locals in HD off the satellite.
So if they take down my 61.5 dish will lose some channels like FSN Cincinnati?
I just don't understand how E* operates.

Why? because it is free :)

Can I get it even if I don't watch it? Maybe later I can add a 6 footer...

Or perhaps they will move the channels to other satellite :eek: and if I had the "platinum" I can keep it...
if you only have the PR HD pack, it will cost you $10 a month
if you have any other HD package its free

What other HD packages are for PR?

There is CURRENTLY no other package for PR. But some folks were able to add the HD Gold long before Dish made it unavailable to PR some years back. For these, if they want to add Platinum, (and if a CSR doesn't changes their package in the process to the PR HD Pak, which happens a lot) the addition is free.

For new subscribers to HD, they will get the PR HD Pak, for free till May 2010, but then, they can go to Dish website, and change their programming to add the US HD pak plus Platinum, and they will be charged $10 for that addition.

So in the end, they (we) add Platinum, but lose their free promotion.

There is CURRENTLY no other package for PR. But some folks were able to add the HD Gold long before Dish made it unavailable to PR some years back. For these, if they want to add Platinum, (and if a CSR doesn't changes their package in the process to the PR HD Pak, which happens a lot) the addition is free.

For new subscribers to HD, they will get the PR HD Pak, for free till May 2010, but then, they can go to Dish website, and change their programming to add the US HD pak plus Platinum, and they will be charged $10 for that addition.

So in the end, they (we) add Platinum, but lose their free promotion.

Como bien te dije nada es gratis...

You'll end up paying the $10....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)