HD platinum/U-verse question

molo316

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 13, 2008
I called yesterday and dumped HD platinum. We lost our loyalty credit of 10 dollars. We are still getting HBO and Showtime, but I asked to get it free for 3 months, and got it. So now the dish bill will be 80 dollars for 3 months. Top 250 hd DVR 2 receivers not bad. I am bundled through att. The att lady told me that I can get U-verse 450, sports pak, 4 tvs, HD Dvr , 12mbps dsl (i have 3mbps now)100dollar visa card, unlimited home phone for $ 170 for one year. After that it would go to 216, but i would drop my package down.

I dont want to leave dish, but this is a great offer

U-verse section

I called yesterday and dumped HD platinum. We lost our loyalty credit of 10 dollars. We are still getting HBO and Showtime, but I asked to get it free for 3 months, and got it. So now the dish bill will be 80 dollars for 3 months. Top 250 hd DVR 2 receivers not bad. I am bundled through att. The att lady told me that I can get U-verse 450, sports pak, 4 tvs, HD Dvr , 12mbps dsl (i have 3mbps now)100dollar visa card, unlimited home phone for $ 170 for one year. After that it would go to 216, but i would drop my package down.

I think you should look at the U-verse section at AVS forums to see what is being said there. I know I'm going to as my contract is up in 6 m.

Last edited:

You may wanna do some research. You might find even better deals for u-verse. They often combine the discounted bundle price with a gift card rebate.

Their DVR is pretty nice, and includes multi-room viewing. The HD PQ is outstanding. Their VOIP phone service is better than old-style POTS. And, their VDSL is rockin'. I tried all three, but prefer Vonage for VOIP, and need to continue on E* for a while. I have their 24/3 VDSL, which I love. With 3M upload, I get HD streaming over the Internet from my Sling HD.

My parents had Uverse for a while, they dropped it for Dish. I thought their HD pq was pretty soft, but their SD was way better then what's on dish.

My parents had Uverse for a while, they dropped it for Dish. I thought their HD pq was pretty soft, but their SD was way better then what's on dish.

I wasn't going to post since so many believe Uverse has a better pic, but I agree 100%. The pic was soft noticeable on NESN. Brother In-Law lost signal too often, went to Dish and is happy. (Started with Comcrooks)

I hated the uverse dvr. Very small hard drive and very slow compared to the E* receivers.

I tried UV for three weeks, the whole package... TV, phone, internet. Kept the phone and internet. TV picture was good here but the 2 HD stream limit was going to be an issue with the 3 DVR's trying to record at the same time. And one DVR was not going to carry the load of we want to record. Canceled the TV and kept the phone and internet. Internet rocks....

deal breaker

I tried UV for three weeks, the whole package... TV, phone, internet. Kept the phone and internet. TV picture was good here but the 2 HD stream limit was going to be an issue with the 3 DVR's trying to record at the same time. And one DVR was not going to carry the load of we want to record. Canceled the TV and kept the phone and internet. Internet rocks....

2 HD stream limit that right there is a deal breaker as far as I'm concerned. I wanted to do net only but they wanted WAY TOO much $$ for that only.

You may wanna do some research. You might find even better deals for u-verse. They often combine the discounted bundle price with a gift card rebate.

Their DVR is pretty nice, and includes multi-room viewing. The HD PQ is outstanding. Their VOIP phone service is better than old-style POTS. And, their VDSL is rockin'. I tried all three, but prefer Vonage for VOIP, and need to continue on E* for a while. I have their 24/3 VDSL, which I love. With 3M upload, I get HD streaming over the Internet from my Sling HD.

Actually, when I last investigated UVerse a few months ago, the DVR had a major flaw (no prioritization of season passes or scheduled recordings), and the HD picture quality was quite poor and overcompressed, especially in background images that shift and dance. Locals, especially, looked terrible.

Getting closer to a 722k but everyone so far that has commented on PQ seems to be saying that it's worse.

Except for Garypen who says the HD picture quality is excellent. He projects to a very large screen so something is different for him as opposed to almost everyone else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)