hd pricing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Its not costing anything extra. IS IT . How much do you pay right now? What do you think the price is never going up. It doesn't say the price is never going up? It says the new channels don't cost a dime more . And they don't ! If you all don't think its fair ,Then call E* and pay $20 per month and then complain about the channels you don't get. Untill then I'll pay my $14.98 watch more HD channels then any other provider, because any info D* isn't misleading to me.

BTW, what were the FCC guidelines regarding HD? Seems to me that if something's federally mandated, it shouldn't cost us more to receive it. Someone please correct me if I'm misunderstanding this.
This is True ! This came right out of the D* CEO's office . But Extra satellites cost money to provide HD ,and thats what the costs go to.

The article states not an extra dime. It really wouldnt bother me if they didnt already give me the channels, but to give them to me (tease me) and then after set amount of time want to charge me more sucks. The existing HD subs should be grandfathered in.

The article states not an extra dime. It really wouldnt bother me if they didnt already give me the channels, but to give them to me (tease me) and then after set amount of time want to charge me more sucks. The existing HD subs should be grandfathered in.
Grandfathered into what? I know what your saying but, I 've seen nothing on those HD Net channels and Universal HD that I haven't seen on Bravo ,USA,TBS,TNT,FX,Starz,HBO,Showtime, Or Even NBC,ABC,CBS. So Its no loss if I wouldn,t have the HD Extra Pack. And Smithsonian is just another History,Bio,Discovery channel,that we already have more then enough of.

BTW, what were the FCC guidelines regarding HD? Seems to me that if something's federally mandated, it shouldn't cost us more to receive it. Someone please correct me if I'm misunderstanding this.

Your misunderstanding is a common one. The FCC guidlines require analog local TV stations to begin broadcasting their over-the-air channels in digital format. It has no application to satellite at all, and the only application to HD is that most locals are broadcasting one of their new digital channels in HD by choice.

you are right. a&e is in there . i guess the only channel i will miss having that i have now is hdnet because of mma fights. still sucks to lose something you have but i can deal. i'm also hearing hdnet is sueing so who knows what will happen.

And A&E HD is in the Choice package with HD access for $9.99.
you are right a&e is in there. i guess the only channel i will miss that i already have is hdnet cause of mma fights but i can deal. just sucks to lose something you had.

I am so mad about this I am about to pull my face off!!! The effort I have gone to in the last two years to try to get on the HD bandwagon is almost laughable.

Step one - buy HDTV projector and big-a$$ 82" screen.
Step two - pay $500 for HR-10 receiver plus $10/month for HDprogramming (5 channels only with the promise of more in the future.) - Hooray!!
Step three - find out I have to pay an extra $100 on top of my Sunday ticket to get HD NFL games- Boo!
Step four - find out that lauch date of new channels is finally here - hooray!!!
Step five - find out that my $500 HD Tivo unit that I bought in January of 2006 won't get new channels - BOOO!
Step six - Pay another $200 for new HR20 DVR to get new channels. (also find out from reading forums that the new reciever I am REQUIRED to buy in order to get new channels has been riddled with technical difficulties from day one)
Step seven - find out the $200 doesn't really "buy" the receiever, it just allows me to "lease" it. What a rip off!
Step eight - find out that my roof now leaks after the "professional" installer that put up my new dish that I needed to get the new HD channels drilled more holes in my roof to support the bohemoth Ka/Ku dish. Why won't they let us install our own equipment anymore?
Step nine - finally get new HD channels - Hooray!! I especially love the SmithsonianHD and MGMHD, and MHD.
Step ten - Find out that SmithsonianHD, MGMHD, and MHD will now cost me an extra $5/month on top of the $10.99/month HD fee that I'm already paying. Also find out that two of my other favorite HD channels that I have been enjoying for two years (UHD and HDnet movies) are also taken away. So by "upgrading" me as Beyonce says, I was actually downgraded.
Step eleven- call customer service, go through the mandatory automated Computer menus whose only purpose is to make people spend 10 minutes going from slightly irrritated to 100% full blown enraged before they let you talk to an actual person, then get blown off by the rep who says I pay the extra $5.00 or I don't get the channels. She won't let me talk to her manager and tells me she will have to hang up if I can't keep the conversation "professional". She won't give me any credit at all on my account even though I have been paying almost $100/month for the last three years plus an extra $250/year for Sunday ticket.

The only reason I am staying with Directv right now is that my wife has to watch her Colt's games every Sunday and the only way to do that from Missouri is to get Directv. They are nickel and dimeing us to death with all thier fees. I am so sick of it.

I think I would have been less mad if they had just said we are raising the $10/month HD acess fee to $15/month. I could understand that because they are going from 5 to 150 HD channels. But to take away channels I have had for a while and tell me I now have to pay for them is just horrible.

If anyone is reading this trying to figure out if DIRECTV is worth it. Please don't fall into the trap. Stay out!! GO WITH DISH OR CABLE!!

I honestly think that people are just not going to care enough to spend the extra money, and that eventually these other channels are going to be rolled back into the regular HD package.
I agree. That is why anyone that pays extra for the HD extra PAK is hurting the growth of HD. Same thing with SUperfan. Its a trend that we need to find ways to stop.

I think I would have been less mad if they had just said we are raising the $10/month HD acess fee to $15/month. I could understand that because they are going from 5 to 150 HD channels. But to take away channels I have had for a while and tell me I now have to pay for them is just horrible.

If anyone is reading this trying to figure out if DIRECTV is worth it. Please don't fall into the trap. Stay out!! GO WITH DISH OR CABLE!!
What is the difference if they charged $15 up front to get all of the channels or give you the option of paying $5 more for a total of $15 and getting all of the channels???? Its the EXACT same thing..... Some people may not want them and this way gives them the choice.

I am so mad about this I am about to pull my face off!!! The effort I have gone to in the last two years to try to get on the HD bandwagon is almost laughable.

Step one - buy HDTV projector and big-a$$ 82" screen.
Step two - pay $500 for HR-10 receiver plus $10/month for HDprogramming (5 channels only with the promise of more in the future.) - Hooray!!
Step three - find out I have to pay an extra $100 on top of my Sunday ticket to get HD NFL games- Boo!
Step four - find out that lauch date of new channels is finally here - hooray!!!
Step five - find out that my $500 HD Tivo unit that I bought in January of 2006 won't get new channels - BOOO!
Step six - Pay another $200 for new HR20 DVR to get new channels. (also find out from reading forums that the new reciever I am REQUIRED to buy in order to get new channels has been riddled with technical difficulties from day one)
Step seven - find out the $200 doesn't really "buy" the receiever, it just allows me to "lease" it. What a rip off!
Step eight - find out that my roof now leaks after the "professional" installer that put up my new dish that I needed to get the new HD channels drilled more holes in my roof to support the bohemoth Ka/Ku dish. Why won't they let us install our own equipment anymore?
Step nine - finally get new HD channels - Hooray!! I especially love the SmithsonianHD and MGMHD, and MHD.
Step ten - Find out that SmithsonianHD, MGMHD, and MHD will now cost me an extra $5/month on top of the $10.99/month HD fee that I'm already paying. Also find out that two of my other favorite HD channels that I have been enjoying for two years (UHD and HDnet movies) are also taken away. So by "upgrading" me as Beyonce says, I was actually downgraded.
Step eleven- call customer service, go through the mandatory automated Computer menus whose only purpose is to make people spend 10 minutes going from slightly irrritated to 100% full blown enraged before they let you talk to an actual person, then get blown off by the rep who says I pay the extra $5.00 or I don't get the channels. She won't let me talk to her manager and tells me she will have to hang up if I can't keep the conversation "professional". She won't give me any credit at all on my account even though I have been paying almost $100/month for the last three years plus an extra $250/year for Sunday ticket.

The only reason I am staying with Directv right now is that my wife has to watch her Colt's games every Sunday and the only way to do that from Missouri is to get Directv. They are nickel and dimeing us to death with all thier fees. I am so sick of it.

Unless you want to watch your NFL team play on Sundays.

What problems have YOU had with it? I know there are alot of reported problems early on, but I havent had so much as a hiccup from mine.

i mean no offense to anyone but why do some people think they should get all this hd at 1 price. No one forced anyone to spend money on the hd tv or the hd service. If i owened the copany i would do the same thing. Hd Tv is not a right it is a privlige and that cost money. We buy a new car but have to always buy plates every year same thing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)