HD Quality with Sling Adapter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Do answer one of the original questions, if your sling adapter is the red waffle looking one from Dish, it only has ONE red light and your tech was mistaken. In my home I use a IPTV Sling link for my 722Ks internet connection however that should work similarly to your device. I would, for experimentation's sake, run a long cat5 cable from your router to your 722. If it works better, consider finding a more attractive way to run said wire. I have a 12mb connection from Charter internet and I can watch TV over 3G (albeit choppy) on my phone and the Mrs uses it on her iPad via her work's wifi.

Thanks for the feedback regarding the USB hubs. I decided to go with a different option: I found a right-angle USB cable (USB Right Angle Extension) that has a female connection (extension cable) so I could route the cable through the opening on the bottom of the access door.

The connector is just the right size and the cable is thin enough that there is no issue with the door closing, so the final result is nice and clean.

Nice. I'll have to get me some of those for my 722Ks.

Sling adapter speeds

I've had the sling adapter for about a month and am thrilled with it sometimes but other times,not as much. The thing is,sometimes I'm getting 8000+ kbps speeds which enables me to watch fluid full screen hd on my 15.4'' laptop. Yet,other times the speed is only 500-900 kbps. This seems very odd. :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts